Tim Sweeney Interview Pt 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
... PCs will follow after that.

Of course. :rolleyes:

Why just not leaving gears of War for consoles and UT for the PC? So both games are designed in the best way possible for their appropriate platform. UT is a PC game, and GoW is a console game, it's pretty damn much obvious. Now developers may think the contrary because UT3 worked better on the PS3? Don't give us a console game on the PC and it will play much better, and be crowded online. Go figure.

:deadhorse:
I'm getting sick of it myself just reading my own post.

Last edited:

DorDuke82

Mar 13, 2008
Saxony, Germany
Its just nothing new i would say.
UE3 has been made especially with Xbox360 as targetplattform and was first released on 360 too with Gears of War(Roboblitz too was XBLArcade first i think, but not really a Epic Game).
Epic couldnt push Graphics/Physics and Animation and as such Hardware with UE3 as they did with the previous Unreal Engines and they wont push Technology with UE4 as far as other Engines will do in that time, because they dont focus on PC but on Consoles.

BTW its funny how resistent Epic has become to criticism, every topic and every post that holds critics against them gets deleted on their Forums - the company just managed to fall down from my No1 supported company list way down to the ground.
They even banned me from their forums because of a post in the now deleted Topic about Unreal Engine 4 (maybe i sweared a little) with this reason (!?):
"You have been banned for the following reason:
10WL

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"
Whatever that exactly means, 10WL ?

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008
BTW its funny how resistent Epic has become to criticism, every topic and every post that holds critics against them gets deleted on their Forums

Just the ones that cover the same ground covered hundreds of times before and that inevitably lead to flaming. Or are off topic for the UT3 forums, like UE4 discussions.

10 Warning Level points. It means you weren't instantly banned for any one post, but rather worked at it across a number of them :).

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
interesting read. I don't care much about who prioritises what. I just want the beef. if the games from EPIC aren't enjoyable for me anymore, they won't have my money. I don't really see why the "zOMG consulez haz gfx that PC dusnt !!!" effect some have shold trouble me. I don't care about when it's released, as long as the released thing is fun.

I'd like to se how optimized UE4.0 will be. seems that Mr.Sweeney is concentrating on getting it running great on future technologies, and I hope it will ! having quality graphics on handheld devices could be really great news.

DorDuke82

Mar 13, 2008
Saxony, Germany
Just the ones that cover the same ground covered hundreds of times before and that inevitably lead to flaming. Or are off topic for the UT3 forums, like UE4 discussions.

10 Warning Level points. It means you weren't instantly banned for any one post, but rather worked at it across a number of them :).

Sorry for going off-Topic and THX for the info - but i dont think i ever received a kind of warning or Warning Level Point for anything before my last post that got deleted together with the entire Thread.
The Unreal Engine 4 Thread was btw not in the UT3 Forum but in the Epic Games General Chat Forum ;)
In your defense, not all critic Posts got deleted, my Post in the PC Gaming Alliance Forum is still there - so that relativizes that point of my last post a little.

Last edited:

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
At least they're up front about it now. No more of this "PC gamers are our bread and butter" bull****. No more pretending that they're making games for the fans that have been with them for a decade.

No more pissing down our backs, and telling us it's raining.

PC Gamers still have options though, no matter what Epic thinks. Companies like Valve, Blizzard, GSC, Crytech, etc. are still making games that are made for the PC gamer and as long as they're around we don't really need to rely on Epic. UT was fun 10 years ago, and after UT3 it's clear they don't really have any new ideas anyway. It's easier for them to release on the consoles because they can tap in to a generation of gamers that haven't played their game already for 10 years.

I just wonder why they're bothering with the PC Gaming Alliance, when all they've done lately is **** on the platform.

Last edited:

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
oh please, I feel like I'm reading one of the "bring GoW PC content to the Xbox 360" threads again.

"I will never buy a EPIC product again !"
"EPIC betrayed it's loyal fans..."
blah blah...

DorDuke82

Mar 13, 2008
Saxony, Germany
And by post #2 it was "Epic Hates PC Gamers!!!1!111!". Nukesville.

Doesnt explain why i got a permanent Ban for a post in there if i never received a warnign or Warning Level Points for that matter before it.

Back on Topic:
With ID Software making ID Tech 5 a REAL Multiplattform Engine - i am very interested to see where that goes with Unreal Engine 4 and ID Tech 6 for that matter, if UE4 doesnt support the PC from the Getgo and Software Companies wanting Multiplattform Engines for their titles and so on and so forth.

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
Doesnt explain why i got a permanent Ban for a post in there if i never received a warnign or Warning Level Points for that matter before it.

They aren't the same company that used to run the Epic Megaboard. It's that simple.

You're in their sandbox, and you'll play by their rules, or be banned. It's like their games. Don't want to play PS2 or 360 games? Tough. Here they are anyway, they just happen to load up on your PC.

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008

Unless you were one of the "Epic Hates PC Gamers!!!1!111!" posters and had 5 WLs already, or posted "Epic Hates PC Gamers!!!1!111!" multiple times in the thread, etc.

DorDuke82

Mar 13, 2008
Saxony, Germany
Unless you were one of the "Epic Hates PC Gamers!!!1!111!" posters and had 5 WLs already, or posted "Epic Hates PC Gamers!!!1!111!" multiple times in the thread, etc.

I didnt exactly say Epic hates PC Gamers!!1111eleven" and i did only 1 post in there - maybe it was a little harsh and as i said before maybe i sweared a little - but i did not have any Warning Level Points whatsoever before that - i am a person that states his opinion ones and then there is no need to keep repeating it over and over again - so no - i may have made 1 not so fine post about your company and thats it.

And as i said before: sorry i dont want to draw this discussion here off-topic.
If you would take about it anymore WarTourist PM should do, so that thread here stays on topic.

Last edited: