Obama wants to read your encrypted email.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/09/government-seeks

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/27/us/27wiretap.html?_r=1

The New York Times reported this morning on a Federal government plan to put government-mandated back doors in all communications systems, including all encryption software. The Times said the Obama administration is drafting a law that would impose a new "mandate" that all communications services be "able to intercept and unscramble encrypted messages" — including ordering "developers of software that enables peer-to-peer communication to redesign their service to allow interception".

Right-winger's don't know whether to celebrate the invasion privacy in the name of fighting the boogy-man terrorist, or to stay with thier opposition to everything Obama regardless of merit...

....and their heads explode! Film at 11:00.

HeadGoBoom.gif

PS. LOLOTICS :wavey:

Last edited:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
He'll still win the african-american vote in a major way. Resistance is futile.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Wouldn't it be far easier to do what they do now? A very, very few people actually use high end encryption to protect their communications, and it's relatively easy to detect that type of traffic (note: not contents, type). Then do a warrant-less wiretap on their homes and see what they're really up to.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
...Right-winger's don't know weather to celebrate the invasion privacy in the name of fighting the boogy-man terrorist, or to stay with thier opposition to everything Obama regardless of merit...

Last I knew the right complained about invasions of privacy more then the left as many are already paranoid that the goverment is spying on them.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I'm sure the terrorists will use the encryption solutions with back doors, rather than the encryption solutions that the US can't control.

What the hell is the reasoning here?

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
*Checks off the forced encryption button in Utorrent*

Sorry about your terrible laws.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
So intentionally putting a security vulnerability in our communications infrastructure is supposed to improve national security? Sounds a bit counter-intuitive to me.

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
Right-winger's don't know whether to celebrate the invasion privacy in the name of fighting the boogy-man terrorist, or to stay with thier opposition to everything Obama regardless of merit...

Where on Earth did you get the idea that the right wants the government watching them, to have power over communications.

Why do you think think this is a good idea, and what merit?

I'm sure the terrorists will use the encryption solutions with back doors, rather than the encryption solutions that the US can't control.

What the hell is the reasoning here?

¶ Developers of software that enables peer-to-peer communication must redesign their service to allow interception.

The government just wants our song files and free hentai.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
[GU]elmur_fud;2469381 said:
Last I knew the right complained about invasions of privacy more then the left as many are already paranoid that the goverment is spying on them.
... what?