Unreal Engine 3.0 video from nVidia NV40 demonstration

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Just in case some of yall don't visit the Beyond Unreal main web page... then there is a new video in town, straight from the (*cough*refer to title). you can download it from BU here and here's what I commented about it:

... *jaw hits floor*..............wow. this looks awesome. too cool. 10 times the detail as unreal tournament 2004 possible......10,000 polygon character models oposed to 1500 in ut2k4...and a pretty cool quote for yall "now this character, for example, if you look up closely at him you see the detail that's coming from normal-mapping, bump-mapping and self shadowing..... um this character has more data in terms of geometry and texture maps than an entire level in the original unreal game." *claps and laughs in the audience* *another character appears on screen... taunting them and doing some wierd "jigs" *. if you thought the doom 3 engine looked cool in all those videos.... then get a load of the third gen Unreal engine! can u imagine unreal in this? its like totally unreal!
scratch that - beyond unreal

5 words, people - you need to see this.

Last edited:

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
sorry i just realized that this is a duplicate thread of the ones automatically on BU under comments(i thought those were just comments like here at insite, not actual threads.......ok so you dont understand my mind lol, nevermind) my bad, i'm new (not to UT, to beyond unreal forums) ;)
so dont bother posting here.......

ps lophead feel free to remove this.

and one more thing- do you people (im referring to the staff at insite) play online much? ive been to many, many servers and never see any of you... unless you have different names. well i mean the chances are slim that i WOULD see yall but... how much DO yall play online anyways?

ps.ps lophead if someone answers to this then forget the last ps lol... well you're admin your choices nevermind

Last edited:

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
igNiTion said:
hmmm didnt know if anybody would read the last edit since its not a new post.... so i posted this...... :)

gee i really like this thread its kinda of like i'm talking to myself.. but instead i'm TYPING to myself...hmmmm...... signs of a computer nerd anyone? lol

o yea i agree with you igNiTion. some good points there :lol:

lophead

Like a lot of people, ut2k3 didn't capture my imagination for actual playing for very long. I doubt I've played an online game for ut2k3 in over a year. Don't get me wrong, I was still fascinated with the editing scene and mapping etc but just didn't enjoy playing it that much. I experienced the same sort of thing with unreal(1). And ut2k4 like UT is a completely different story. I've been playing ONS-Torlan on the demo non-stop since i downloaded it. I'll have the game probably by this weekend however if I can find the time to go out and buy it.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Very true lophead (about the demo). I played the demo nonstop also, and I loved Torlan. And after I got the full game, I obviously immediately went to onslught and had a great time. People actualy know what to do and help...they aren't all tank hogs or manta hogs or raptor hogs etc etc. But the most fun thing I've found so far is vehicle invasion...its a mod but its only a few kilobytes and I've put a bunch of hours into this one server (myunreal.com server for vehicle invasion,you can almost always find me there in the afternoons) and have made great friends. This game rules, man. Surprised the admin wouldn't have it already, lol, but I guess people are busy.....

Glad I'm not talking to myself anymore. :D

and could you tell me, please, is it possible to change the name of a thread lophead? (hey it rhymes lol ;) )

Gui

AD Cop
Feb 7, 2002
Mega-Tokyo
www.ozone4.com
People are indeed busy (MSUC, CBP2 for some, work, real life, etc,...) and I tend to lose my interest into UT now: I really miss the real SP experience where a story is told or the very oldskool one where legions of monsters appear suddenly and you only have your double-barreled shotgun to blast them all...

As for U-Engine 3.0: it is indeed impressive for a real-time 3D engine but basically it seems to be just as powerfull as an old 3D Studio 1.0 for DOS so nothing really fancy in the end. We can expect always better-looking games but due to the costs of development I'm afraid there will be always less and less originality or personnality in future titles if producers wish to be assured to make profit

Rainman

The Boss
May 12, 2001
Washington
Visit site
I completely understand.
I was very impressed with the Video, despite its "Paris Hilton" quality (err...I heard that video was grainy). Anyways, I completely agree with Lop in that I wasn't very enticed by ut2k3 like I was with UT or Quake3 for that matter. Something was missing.

However, 2004 is a total blast, online, offline - Whatever. I love the game, it has at least given my faith a partial boost for things to come. I wish it were all uphill from here.