Real Life locations in Computer games

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

P4p3Rc1iP

Unreal Speed Member :)
Sep 29, 2003
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Visit site
one day.... the whole world will be digital...

half life is real.... Black Mesa is real... :D

flag-%20black-mesa.jpg

black%20mesa.jpg

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
_Zd_Bee_ said:
Doesn't Grand Theft Auto use real cities? I thought Vice City was Miami.

I know it's already been pointed out that it isn't, but Miami would have to be bloody small for Vice City to be accurate. :)

Anyway, it doesn't look like it matters whether the location is accurately modelled in the game or not for it to be mentioned, so I might as well mention Pang. Each backdrop was based on locations around the world - not that it affected the game in any way of course :)

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
_Zd_Bee_ said:
That would be Davilex. They also made A2 Racer, where u race in and from Amsterdam to The Hague. Incredibly dull games tho.

*slaps Bee*
Amsterdoom pwnz :D
Just check the models and smooth textures below, Amsterdoom > UT2k4 :eek:

Ah well, I guess the only 'fun' in those kind of games is the idea you're walking through reallife™ locations shooting at stuff ;)

Attachments

• 2000-07-12-356_orig.jpg
    2000-07-12-356_orig.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 2000-07-12-358_orig.jpg
    2000-07-12-358_orig.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 25

phillys

Continuing the Legacy....
Aug 31, 2001
Home @ Malaysia
www.youth-fellowship.vze.com
yeah....you guys should really try MOHAA.... it has many real life places like Omaha Beach and in the first mission of Spearhead, you took part in this normandy jump that's pretty realistic too...

Flight Simulator rocks but it's hecka expensive :(