What's it like to be a goth?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
The goths in New Orleans are really scary. Some of them WILL NOT come outside during daylight. Some will, if they really have to, but they will be completely covered up by black cloaks and stuff.

Vampires have their teeth filed in fangs.

I mean, these people are seriously hardcore!

But pretty nice once you get to know them ;)

bullet2.gif

All I wanna do is zooma zoom zoom zoom and a Boom Boom!!!
]LoL[Boom|PuF

D

DSV_Selerox[PuF]

hehe :)

bullet2.gif

The new, improved Soundoff will return...

<[Ci]Skumboy|PuF> And the moral of the story is..... pffffffft, what moral? i just banned Blender!

<DSV_Selerox[PuF]> Yes I'm LordKhaine's brother (unfortunatly)
<RaptoR[PuF]> but you're not retarded, how can u be related?

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Why does Death want to grab a sickle when there's a big arse scythe in his lap?

Hee hee...death with a sickle.

bullet2.gif

There's a noodle in my streudel, and it's name is Minky Boodle. -- Space Ghost

The_Dudester

Surfing the edge of underconfidence.
Feb 21, 2000
York/Norwich England
www-users.york.ac.uk
Death's just using a sickle 'cause he needs to get close to use it... :)

bullet2.gif

The Zen Master Basho was weighing out flax when some of his monks chanced across him.
A monk asked Basho, "What is Buddha-nature?"
Basho replied, "Three pounds of flax."

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
There are goths in every city like that. New Orleans is one of the biggest into the "I'm a vampire" thing. Chicago is into it too. Miami and Philly are more into the Wiccan magic stuff. Then there's DC. We're known as the "Land of the happy goths." We have a little of everything. My scene basically evolved from punks, so we like to wear black leather and beat people up. Then we group together and go and hang out at amusement parks and stuff like that. It's pretty neat to see 450 people dressed in black with lots of peircings and spikes and colored mohawks in line for the bumper cars chanting "KILL! KILL! KILL!"

bullet2.gif

There's a noodle in my streudel, and it's name is Minky Boodle. -- Space Ghost

D

DSV_Selerox[PuF]

Most "goths" I see are mansonites with a bad attitude. They've got their head up their @sses. I think I mightjust be unlucky tho :) I'm more into industrial anyway.

bullet2.gif

The new, improved Soundoff will return...

<[Ci]Skumboy|PuF> And the moral of the story is..... pffffffft, what moral? i just banned Blender!

<DSV_Selerox[PuF]> Yes I'm LordKhaine's brother (unfortunatly)
<RaptoR[PuF]> but you're not retarded, how can u be related?

Didn't mean to start a goth talk thread here. :) Speaking of which, did anyone see the SNL goth talk skit with Jeff Goldblum? OMG, that killed me.

I kind of thought the subculture was dying out, but I guess I was very wrong. New Orleans taught me just how wrong when I was there. There's apparently still a pretty big scene in SF too. I guess my viewpoint came from the fact that all my goth friends are now neo hipsters, ravers, rockabillies, or whatever all else. :)

The one thing I will say about the goth/industrial genre is that it produced some fantastic music.

bullet2.gif

]LoL[MrSmallberries|PuF - It's not the size of the berries that counts, right guys? Guys? Hello?

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Most "goths" I see are mansonites with a bad attitude. They've got their heads up their @sses.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got lots of those guys here too. Though I have very limited knowledge of goth culture, from what I understand they're not true goths. I just call them "wannabes."

-
chainsaw.GIF

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Wolf|PuF
- Freelancer and Shock Rifle whore for ]LoL[

Troll|PuF

Poetic Terrorist
May 2, 2000
Temporary Autonomous Zone
To put everything in its proper little black cubbyhole: (plus I'm bored so I want to spam)

Mansonites are not goths. Manson is not goth. One however can be a goth and like Manson. :) Tricky differentiation and one which leads to many a heated debate over Vampire wine and Clove cigarettes.

There are also what we call the BabyBats, or KinderGoths. They are just starting out in gothdom and tend to listen to the more mainstream "goth" stuff , such as Manson (see above) NIN, etc. They may have been BackStreet Boys fans as recently as 6 months ago. They tend to wear lots of stripey tights and pigtails.

You have here in SF more of the GlamourGoth and Old School Goths, those who live and die by Bauhaus, corsets, vintage gowns and black black hair. No filed teeth or vampiric tendencies here, their odd leanings tend towards the fetish scene more than living life in an Anne Rice novel.

And you have the "I'm not truly goth but I have dreads, piercings, tattoos, and wear lots of black and pvc so I hang out in the goth scene" types, of which there are more and more these days. These types tend more towards industrial music and are quite fun to be around, due to the constant opportunity to play "guess which area of my genitals I had pierced today?"

The scene varies from city to city, but there is always one thing in common, which any lonely goth can find no matter what club they go to...that one thing that binds us all.......

THE DREADED GOTH SPAGHETTI DANCE!

bullet2.gif

Ms. Troll
The Diamond in the Clan of Spam
--Flag Camper and TDM Grrl for ]LoL[

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Step 1 - Hold imaginary spaghetti over head.

Step 2 - Start spinning in circles.

Step 3 - Twirl that spaghetti!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

bullet2.gif

All I wanna do is zooma zoom zoom zoom and a Boom Boom!!!
]LoL[Boom|PuF