Multiple UE3 Licenses For Top Korean Dev

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Korean developer, SmileGate Inc. has licensed Unreal Engine 3 for two new projects. SmileGate is behind CrossFire, a first-person shooter which holds the distinction of having the highest number of concurrent users in the world.

"Project T" is a blockbuster action-MMORPG, armed with the stunning visuals that can be achieved with Unreal Engine 3, while "Project M" is a next-generation shooter that will establish SmileGate as a masterful developer of FPS experiences - not just in Korea, but for gamers around the world.

UE3 provides SmileGate with proven, stable technology that lends itself to ease of development and a high-quality end product, with an unparalleled content pipeline for the action and FPS genres, allowing SmileGate to concentrate all its resources on making great games with excellent gameplay.

The licensing agreement also contracts Epic Games Korea to give SmileGate technical support with the assistance of Epic Games headquarters and the UE3 licensee community, providing SmileGate's new projects with a global support network.

"I am completely confident we can present players with the best game possible by combining our advanced development know-how with the technology of Unreal Engine 3," said Andrew Yang, vice president of SmileGate. "We're not resting on our laurels after the success of 'CrossFire.' We want to get gamers around the world excited about the innovation and beauty of our two upcoming games."

?Epic Games is well aware of the quality of ?CrossFire? and its success around the world,? said Jay Wilbur, vice president of Epic Games, who was on hand at a special signing ceremony at SmileGate today. ?I think that we at Epic can learn a lot from many aspects of a game like this, especially coming from a proven Korean studio such as SmileGate.? ?We believe in SmileGate as much as they believe in our technology,? said Ray Park, territory manager of Epic Games Korea, who also promised wholeheartedly to provide technical and promotional support for the company?s newest licensee.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
If it's the biggest shooter in the world, why haven't I heard of it.

And the funny thing is I *have* heard the name SmileGate before, somewhere.