7600GT Overheating

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Morning all,

My girlfriends 7600GT has for no reason started to overheat and I think it's a driver issue somewhere with Windows 7.

It's fine on the desktop and browsing but when she starts playing WoW or another games the temp jumps from 60 degrees up to 93 and then crashes.

This is a new issue as nothings change hardware wise in the machine aside from a new hard drive which is why I think it might be a buggy driver or something from Windows Update.

Anyone heard of any issues?

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Haven't heard of any issues, but I have heard of hardware dying.
Fans not running smoothly anymore or not at all, the psu getting weaker...

Good luck with your driver/update problem! Fingers crossed that that's what it is.:(

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
If you really feel it's a driver just reinstall it or roll back. I really doubt it's this though.

It's much more likely that the heatsink is getting clogged with dust or the fan is dying/dead. Just open up the computer quick and check. If it's neither of these, then something like the MOSFET's and/or voltage regulators are probably going bad.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
replaced the card with a ATI HD5570 and no problems to speak off.

Though I did uninstall 2 lots of nvidia drivers but couldn't be bothered to retest with old card.

Last edited: