llama farm

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
portal camping?We use it all the time in Terra,to avoid anyone getting to they're flag faster.

Alot of clans say they hate it,but then they do it for the same reason.I don't think a portal camper should go to the llama farm.

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
I sent it to you Kilham ;)

Ree

wow Rev. , he is just sitting there behind the portal though, with piston loaded. well, i dont know but i think it's lame. he sucked as a player so he went to the hammer and held on the button... that is pretty reeeeee in my opinion.

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
I think it is lame too.....but it works!In pubs,and fun tourneys like the PuF tourneys,I play for fun,and cuz there are alot of people I enjoy playing UT with (i b is not one of those).

When I play a clan match,I/we play to win,if it happens to be fun...then that is a bonus.

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
i agree with rev. in almost all cases.

it is, however, lame.

on face, it's easy to kill the portal campers. although, if there were a map in which there was a room with no other way in except the portal, which housed, say, the SB and the megahealth, or any other good weapons or powerups, then it would be llama-ish.

with the exception of cheating, TKing, and flag launching, there aren't too many llama things one can do.

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
One little thing Reeeee forgot to mention - it was FFA DM on Deck16 and this camper was hogging the deemer and piston camping waiting for it to respawn - and he was so bad at it..... oh it almost hurt watching that demo.:)

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
Oh yeah, sry ;) I did forget tomention the ffa dm thing. But yeah, that guy was bad huh :) if he came out from behind the portal/deemer, he sure did start chalking up the deaths. lol.

Reee

thx Kilham...that demo was taken from my work PC. no volume and software enabled graphics. :hammer:

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
Originally posted by |H|Rev.Whoopass|PuF
I think it is lame too.....but it works!In pubs,and fun tourneys like the PuF tourneys,I play for fun,and cuz there are alot of people I enjoy playing UT with (i b is not one of those).

When I play a clan match,I/we play to win,if it happens to be fun...then that is a bonus.

No it's not a joke.

We play to win,as do most clans in the top 10.We were recently invited to UTI4,only 20 clans in the country get invited,and i guarantee that the all want to win,and play to win.

Being udp flooded,ddos attacked,receiving hate mail,channel take overs,forum spam,and smacktalk in forums,in game,in channel,are common amungst top 10 teams.I don't really see why people do this,but it seems they do it to win...at any cost.I would never stoop so low as to do any of those things (except smacktalk).

But alot of people don't see what happens behind the scenes of top clans,and why they sometimes have ego's,and bad attitudes.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Most portal campers suck though, I see them pretty often, but don't think any have ever actually killed me.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Rev makes a great point.

In a top league match, most things like portal camping, piston/boot jumping, rocket launching etc etc have been discussed in great detail by the people who play this game to win.

The leagues themselves (in North America mainly Proving Grounds, Teamplay and OGL) decide what's allowed and what isn't based on this input. It's part of the evolution of this game.

In league play portal camping is allowed. Therefore you use it to your advantage. It's up to the other team to figure out how to get around it. There are always ways.

On a public, someone who's doing it to get frags or p people off is lame. It's a matter of the intent.

In Terra, if you camp the portal after your team mate grabs the flag, it keeps the enema from being able to use their fastest route out of their base and helps your team cap.

On the other hand, camping a portal on Face non-stop is lame.

It's all in the intent.

There's now some 'cheese free' ladders where things like this are not allowed for the 1337 players to 'frag their way out' of the base, as opposed to cheesing their way out.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
I have a confession to make. I am a llama.

I like to alias and hit all face servers just to spawn kill, portal camp and team kill. I find it to be a great release to head up to my own roof on face and hit that good old "Armor is up!!!" bind to send my teamates looking for a quick power up. Then when they go to grab it you shoot a couple rockets at their feet and watch them soar off into space. THAT'S MY ARMOR SUCKER!!!!! :D

YEEHAW!!!!!!

Alcoholic9

Drunk
Jan 17, 2000
Boston,MA
Visit site
I too have a confession to make. Sometimes I alias and jump into a lavagiant server. I then proceed directly to the redeemer cave. As soon as the deemer is up (hell even if it isn't) I start spamming my "redeemer is up" bind. When a hapless teamate goes to pick it up, I launch his ass into the lava. :D

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
There's nothing funnier than doing what Alcoholic just said. It is probably the funniest when there are 3 people all lined up in the redeemer ridge window, two on one team and 1 from the other. No shooting at each other, no beef, all at perfect peace and harmony with each other, focused on the one task at hand. Having a good time! Rock on dude, see you on the ridge!!!!!!

STALLONE

Mar 29, 2000
vld.clanpages.com
I have no idea what Alco & IBB are talkin about, I would NEVER do anything like that, I demand they be inducted to the llama farm. You two guys should be ashamed of yourselves to come here and steal these peoples confidence and respect and then turn around and LAUNCH YOUR OWN TEAM INTO THE LAVA? That makes me sick.

Allison

I need more cowbell!
Sep 8, 2000
Visit site
Say it aint soooo, Joe. :(

You boys have disappointed me greatly. :mad: Shame on you both! It pains me, but I have to agree with STALLONE on this one. Both of you, to the farm!!!