HOLY CRAP, MY COMP IS SO B0Rked!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wild Weasel

Mar 20, 2001
Visit site
dammit help! i need some help with my computer because it is so focked up right now

Problems include:
---not being able to change the resolution of my monitor, either in windows or safe mode (it still rec. my vid card)
---not having a mouse pointer in my screen, thus i have to use arrow keys (optical light is on thought, and windows still detects it)
---i cannot access any files
---i cannot access my cd rom drive or my burner
---i cannot copy any files to a disk
---i cannot run any programs
---i cannot run any games (!)
--i can go on the net but it it not very good with no mouse

i am typing this at school, so my replys may not be so fast

sys specs:
PIII 600 coppermine
asus cusl2c mobo
6x dvd creative las w/ dxr3 board
4x4x24 burner f/ hp
384 mgs ram (pc133)
gerforce 2 gts w/ ddr (creative labs annihilator 2)
win 98 (not SE)
sb 512 pci sound card
microsoft intellieye optical mouse
lynksys lan card (cant remember model num at this time)

PS--------(norton 200 antivirus didnt detect anything at first, b/c i havnt updated yet, and sencond time i tried to run it, it screamed errors at me)

i am thinking that this may be
a) big bad ass virus
b) hacker

is there any possible answer to this problem? or should i just bite the bullet and format?

tnx in advance

Wild Weasel

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
Format.

One question though:

List everything you have installed on your comp in the last 72 hours. Last time I had to do a format was because of faulty drivers. Something similar may have happened to you.

Wild Weasel

Mar 20, 2001
Visit site
humm.....do you think that the terragen program could have done it? because that is the only thing that i have downloaded in the past 3 days. either than that, i just surf the net and play some mods.

oh and all of the drivers that are for my computer, they are all of the original drivers, except for the new detonator driver, but i downloaded that a week ago, and have had no problems.

so the only two that might add to the problem are the det. drivers, and the terragen 30day test program.

ugh...i hate formatting..... :(

Wild Weasel

Mar 20, 2001
Visit site
ya, im pretty sure it was the terragen prog. ive just got everything cleaned and formatted, freash install of everything. thnx samurai