UT locks up pc

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
My UT locks up my pc, I can play from 20 seconds to 2 minutes and then my pc locks up, it just totally freezes, and I have to reset. This happens in D3D and in OpenGL.

I don't know what caused it my UT never gave any problems before. I reinstalled UT two times, with no succes.
I reinstalled my Videodrivers, mobo drivers, directX, etc (all with latest versions) and it still freezes.

HELP!

Specs:
Athlon 1,3Ghz, 512Mb DDR
Asus A7M266
Asus Geforce2 Pro
SBlive 5.1
Win2000
Nvidia 21.83 video drivers
DirectX 8.0a

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
If all your drivers are fine you should check your CPU and mobo temperature. For me it sounds as an overheating thingy.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
When I look @ the temp of the CPU right after it hangs (in BIOS) it is 57degrees Celsius, not really shocking I'd say.

The other thing is, All other games run fine (Red Fraction, Q3, ColinMcRae2 etc.)

I think it's time for a win reinstall :(