Father calls police on son to teach him a lesson; police shoot and kill him.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Having read the full story [the kid was ramming cop cars] it's still ridiculous that lethal force was employed before all other options had been explored.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I lost my initial sympathy for him after I saw the dash video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cd3_1383861373

That idiot was lucky he didn't kill someone driving through the intersection at 1:35, or driving crazy (and the wrong direction) on the campus like the pedestrian at 2:50.

As much as I'm not a fan of the cops sometimes, it's pretty simple. If one is flashing their lights behind you, pull over and stop.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I lost my initial sympathy for him after I saw the dash video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cd3_1383861373

That idiot was lucky he didn't kill someone driving through the intersection at 1:35, or driving crazy (and the wrong direction) on the campus like the pedestrian at 2:50.

As much as I'm not a fan of the cops sometimes, it's pretty simple. If one is flashing their lights behind you, pull over and stop.

that's weird, I swear that video was initially 3:30 long and now it's 5 minutes including the shots fired. rewatch the video.

To me it looks like the police is escalating the situation. For the last 15 years(roughly) the police in Germany has been trained in deescalation techniques and this has helped driving down police violence considerably. The american police IMO has a systemic problem.

Last edited:

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Thankfully these:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24731080

...are getting introduced, and have been used to stop chases so the suspect slows down when the cops pull back.

I think the blame here though can be shared...kid for being a dumbass, parents for raising a dumbass (if your kid is out of control, smoking, and taking your car without permission, then you need to lay down the law in the house long before it gets this far), and the police resorting to lethal force (Yea the kid was acting wild, but unless he points a gun at an officer I don't see why they had to shoot. A few more seconds in those woods and they probably could have boxed the truck in.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well after watching the video I can say the officers shot the dumbass because he was still ramming the car. Officers feared for their lives and therefore put an end to him. Probably a few too many shots and it probably would have been best to wound but hey I wasn't in their shoes. No sympathy here.

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
For the last 15 years(roughly) the police in Germany has been trained in deescalation techniques and this has helped driving down police violence considerably.

In addition, the use of fire arms by police officers in Germany is strictly reglemented. For example firing a shot that is likely going to be lethal is only permitted in case of immediate thread to someone's life or immediate risk of heavy injury. But additionally, "wild west behavior" would most likely get a German police officer fired or otherwise disciplined.

Molgan

T-minus whenever
Feb 13, 2008
Sweden
www.apskaft.com
Well after watching the video I can say the officers shot the dumbass because he was still ramming the car. Officers feared for their lives and therefore put an end to him. Probably a few too many shots and it probably would have been best to wound but hey I wasn't in their shoes. No sympathy here.
I see fat guys with guns killing a scared kid because they are pissed since he didn't stop when they asked for it. Judge Dredd was a favourite comic when I was a kid but these guys just look silly. "He's a dumbass, he deserves death". Hello humanity.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I see fat guys with guns killing a scared kid because they are pissed since he didn't stop when they asked for it. Judge Dredd was a favourite comic when I was a kid but these guys just look silly. "He's a dumbass, he deserves death". Hello humanity.

Really? This is so ridiculous. The kid was still ACTIVELY ramming people when they fired. A car is a deadly weapon, which this jerkoff wielded at will, endangering the lives of civilians with his reckless regard for law and life, and when the police attempted to box him in, getting out of their cars and telling him to stop and get out, he tried to attack them again. This isn't people mad because he isn't stopping, this is people in danger of being run over by a person who has demonstrated time and time again that he doesn't give a fuck about hurting others.

The job of police is to protect the public from those endangering it (and themselves) not to put themselves in further harm's way so that the people threatening the lives of others are preserved at all costs.

It's sad that this kid died, but it isn't a failure on the part of the police, it's a failure on the part of the kid and the entire blame rests on his shoulders.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Oh for sure. We have a problem with the militarization of our police, even down to having everything be a "war". The war on crime, war on drugs...
..... because politicians need to create a climate of fear so they can say they are protecting us from something and, therefore, doing something for society. Obscenely pathetic really.

A very sad story but welcome to the 21st century.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Mr. Comstock had every reason to call the police. The stolen truck was his livelihood. Either he owned a lawn care company or worked for one.

It is understandable that the dad is angry about his son being shot, but this is clearly the kid's mistake. The kid didn't have to run. His erratic and wild driving almost killed at least one pedestrian and if his running the redlight had been a second different, he would have t-boned another vehicle at high speed. He rammed police cars with total disregard.

I can imagine the story breaking if the officer had let the kid leave the scene. If that kid had killed anyone after that, the community would be having a field day. Suffice it to say, the kid brought the shit upon himself and his family, allegedly all over a pack of smokes.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Kid got put down the way he should have been for acting the way he did. He nearly killed people at the intersection, and if you've seen the video, when he was in reverse on the ISU campus he nearly ran some kid over who was running for his life as the kid plowed into signs and shit. However the father is a retard for having the police interact with the kid minutes after a fight anyway. Had he not called the police and waited for his kid to get home, he could have beat him with a belt and his son would still be alive.

Now he has no son, truck or work equipment.

Last edited: