I'm tired

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I often feel like I don't care about other people anymore because it never seems to do any good for the people that need it. Lately I've been seeing a lot of things going on that have really bothered me on a human level. Things like ignorance, avoidable stupidity, racism, and injustice on a large scale. It seems like I witness something almost every single day that makes me lose even more faith in humanity.

Do you ever feel like you're tired of the world and you're largely powerless to fix the problem? Does it wear on you like it does me? Or do you just ignore it and keep doing what you do?

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Well, yes. This is exactly how I feel on a regular basis. There are 7.5 billion people on the planet.

This has also lowered my expectations for human intelligence.
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67_FB6-gGZs[/m]

Maybe, with the fact that we are now exposed to profound idiocy on a regular basis due to the internet, we are more inclined than ever to believe that people are in fact getting dumber on a daily basis. Not sure if this is true, but people (stupid people) didn't browse the internet as much as they do now, so we're exposed to ignorance.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Well, yes. This is exactly how I feel on a regular basis.

How do you deal with it? Because I don't think I can anymore. Trying to pretend that it's not the entire world I'm sick of is no longer effective. I've tried drinking (in fact I'm drunk right now) but that doesn't fix the problem. It only makes me forget about it for a little while. That's not good enough for me anymore.

This has also lowered my expectations for human intelligence.
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67_FB6-gGZs[/m]

I can't watch that right now, but I'll check it out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
How do you deal with it? Because I don't think I can anymore. Trying to pretend that it's a small or localized problem is no longer effective.

I try to surround myself with more intelligent individuals and avoid exposure to idiocy. Interacting with the public on a regular basis has lead me to believe that the general populace was pretty much always stupid, and in fact that there are only a few people who are informed or educated enough on the same level as you or I are. I really don't want to sound pedantic, but that's how I feel.

It's depressing, really. This over-saturation of information from one's surroundings, or looking through a tiny lens (your computer) to the world (the internet) can easily cause depressing thoughts.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I try to surround myself with more intelligent individuals and avoid exposure to idiocy. Interacting with the public on a regular basis has lead me to believe that the general populace was pretty much always stupid, and in fact that there are only a few people who think on the same level as you or I do.

It's depressing, really. This over-saturation of information from one's surroundings, or looking through a tiny lens (your computer) to the world (the internet) can easily cause depressing thoughts.

I try to do the same, but it's becoming difficult to find people I can actually have a meaningful conversation with. Most of the people I meet on a daily basis are all wrapped up in their ringtone or their clothes and how awesome they think those things make them.

I don't think I'm depressed in the traditional sense. I mean, I'm perfectly happy with my own accomplishments and where I've managed to bring myself in life. I consider myself to be pretty successful and things are getting better every week. The problem is almost everyone else; I'm just sick of people, their bullshit, and having to constantly put up with it and hear about it. There are people I can get along with and have a good time with, but those people are very few and far between. The rest of them, well... some days I honestly just want to nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Last edited:

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
This reminds me: I'm going to go see a film on a similar subject today with one of my friends. Dark comedy, satire, or whatever you want to call it... it's called: God Bless America. If this is how you're feeling right now, I think it might cheer you up, or at least provide some level of solace and escapism.
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU[/m]

I suppose this film illustrates a sentiment shared by me and many of my peers.

To provide you with a non-youtube summary/synopsis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Bless_America_(film)

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
AhjKf.png

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I often feel like I don't care about other people anymore because it never seems to do any good for the people that need it. Lately I've been seeing a lot of things going on that have really bothered me on a human level. Things like ignorance, avoidable stupidity, racism, and injustice on a large scale. It seems like I witness something almost every single day that makes me lose even more faith in humanity.

I was so hoping that you were going to say you made a super hero costume and were going to go out and fight crime and injustice in your jeep.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I was so hoping that you were going to say you made a super hero costume and were going to go out and fight crime and injustice in your jeep.

Haha, yeah, this movie was hilariously weird:

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL57ncw2jr8[/M]

Makes me want to become a super hero.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
It seems like I witness something almost every single day that makes me lose even more faith in humanity.

Faith in humanity?

"Caring fatigue" is pretty common, I think, but fatigue at the large scale doesn't necessarily mean that you lose your empathy at the small scale. It's the latter that would lower your humanity, if there is such a thing.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Well, I'm sure you're not some glorious beacon of mighty intelligence yourself. Always remember that everyone has stupid moments. Everyone.

Also, I notice that you are completely ignoring all the good things in this world.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

Do you ever feel like you're tired of the world and you're largely powerless to fix the problem? Does it wear on you like it does me? Or do you just ignore it and keep doing what you do?

About time you fucking woke up. Care only about yourself and your immediate family or friends that YOU trust. Even then those who you think you trust can easily fuck you over.

The world will crash and burn eventually so just live your life now

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
DarkEd you're not any better than anyone else though, it might seem like people are dumb but really every human is exactly the same. Things are never good or bad they just are the way they are.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
DarkEd you're not any better than anyone else though, it might seem like people are dumb but really every human is exactly the same. Things are never good or bad they just are the way they are.

Well that's one way of looking at things, but it's not true. Racists do have a lower average IQ than everyone else. Also there are things like rampant stupidity, corruption, ect. It's not like DarkED doesn't have his own faults, but he probably has less than others and not as severely. There is a lot of lame shit in this world.

One of DarkED's faults in this case though is that he is being pessimistic and like someone said, ignoring the good things. Heh.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
The problem with the "the hell with the world" attitude, is that the world will surely crash and burn with that mentality. Might as well bury our heads in sand within our own gated communities of the ones we mutually trust and care for. Sure society will fall eventually, but do we really have to expedite the process?

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Well that's one way of looking at things, but it's not true. Racists do have a lower average IQ than everyone else. Also there are things like rampant stupidity, corruption, ect.
I just meant that nobody chooses to be racist or a douchebag, they are just more strongly predisposed to behave that way. Because of things out of their control. From their society or upbringing and all.

It's like a survival thing, people oppose gay marriage or prejudge people of other races because they subconsciously feel that these things threaten their values or their society. And then they often try rationalize that.
But most other people, including DarkEd, feel that the above behaviour is detrimental to the continuation of humanity and react adversely to it.

So you know, everybody is the same just thinking differently, just an animal living on earth.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Welcome to cynicism! You're a rather intelligent individual who cannot understand why stupid shit can possibly be so prevalent in your species. I recommend that you stop watching or listening to any type of social news programs at once. One day you'll find out that the stupid shit you hear about is mostly the byproduct of sensationalism in our shitty news structure and you'll sleep better at night.

Some day you may realize that it is not logical to pass judgement on others unless you are a direct witness of events. I often find that when I'm a witness of stupid shit it is far easier to just politely ask what the heck they mean by their statement or actions instead of just letting it build to a boiling point in my brain.

I used to be a hardcore cynic for years. I've since learned to find the good in all people and focus on that. The other stuff you can focus on is just unhealthy. I no longer label people as idiots, I label them as misinformed or uneducated. There are some truly rotten people in this world, I just label them as not worth my time or energy and completely disregard them. If a rotten person makes a direct attempt to screw me over in some way, that is the only time I unleash what little pent up rage I have and put them in their place.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Well, I'm sure you're not some glorious beacon of mighty intelligence yourself. Always remember that everyone has stupid moments. Everyone.

Nah, I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But it does often feel like the people around me have much less intelligence or common sense than I do.

Also, I notice that you are completely ignoring all the good things in this world.

One of DarkED's faults in this case though is that he is being pessimistic and like someone said, ignoring the good things. Heh.

There's plenty of good things in the world, but it seems like there could be plenty more if people would just pull their heads out of their collective asses for five minutes and realize what is actually going on around them.

About time you fucking woke up. Care only about yourself and your immediate family or friends that YOU trust. Even then those who you think you trust can easily fuck you over.

The world will crash and burn eventually so just live your life now

What if that mentality is the reason I'm so tired of it? I don't want the world to be like that.

Eh, not true. Everyone has free will and freedom of choice. I honestly believe I could have done anything I wanted to at any given time. I could have gotten hooked on crack, or racked up a bunch of DUIs, but instead I stopped and thought long enough for me to decide those were really stupid ideas.

On the flip side of the coin, I know LOTS of people who are hooked on crack, or are currently in jail serving for their third DUI. It just makes no goddamn sense how people can be that stupid on such a large scale. I often wonder if a significant portion of the population is legally retarded.

Well that's one way of looking at things, but it's not true. Racists do have a lower average IQ than everyone else. Also there are things like rampant stupidity, corruption, ect.

Exactly the way I feel. Doesn't it seem like people are generally dumber than they were even 15 years ago?

It's not like DarkED doesn't have his own faults, but he probably has less than others and not as severely. There is a lot of lame shit in this world.

I can assure you I have plenty of faults.

I just try to make what I think is the smartest decision at the time. So far it's worked out pretty well I guess. I don't have a criminal record, I'm not addicted to any drugs, and I don't have any kids. I don't even have so much as a speeding ticket.

On the other hand, my brother is only five years older than me, has served two prison sentences, has four kids from two different women, doesn't pay child support, doesn't keep a job, and his big aspiration in life is to be a rapper. In fact, he just got signed to Interscope (Don't ask me how. I think his music is fucking terrible.) Every time I look at his life it makes me want to move to an island with nobody else on it.

Welcome to cynicism! You're a rather intelligent individual who cannot understand why stupid shit can possibly be so prevalent in your species. I recommend that you stop watching or listening to any type of social news programs at once. One day you'll find out that the stupid shit you hear about is mostly the byproduct of sensationalism in our shitty news structure and you'll sleep better at night.

I already don't watch any of the large news networks. I don't trust the media one bit.

Some day you may realize that it is not logical to pass judgement on others unless you are a direct witness of events. I often find that when I'm a witness of stupid shit it is far easier to just politely ask what the heck they mean by their statement or actions instead of just letting it build to a boiling point in my brain.

I used to be a hardcore cynic for years. I've since learned to find the good in all people and focus on that. The other stuff you can focus on is just unhealthy. I no longer label people as idiots, I label them as misinformed or uneducated. There are some truly rotten people in this world, I just label them as not worth my time or energy and completely disregard them. If a rotten person makes a direct attempt to screw me over in some way, that is the only time I unleash what little pent up rage I have and put them in their place.

It's getting harder and harder to see good in people. It really does feel like almost everyone I know is just one more person that doesn't need to exist.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
There's plenty of good things in the world, but it seems like there could be plenty more if people would just pull their heads out of their collective asses for five minutes and realize what is actually going on around them.
Well, we could argue things could be better and we could argue things could be
worse, but things are as they are right now and that's just the way it is. It's like a conversation I had with my bro that is similar to this.

Me: Man, what can one do what with all the political bullcrap that's going on?
My bro: Watch South Park.