!!! WMP Contest Discussion !!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
hey what do you think about this - cool or lame

a guitar weapon. pri fire - play a chord, which equals a beam laser or something. i dunno.

sec fire - play a song (like smells like teen spirit lol) that makes ceiling tiles fall from the roof or meteors if it's an open sky

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
soldat said:
edit: can we use special custom buttons, like chaosUT's change ammo? if so, how many buttons?
If it were completely up to me id say yes... but there would be a couple requirements:
Only one special button. and the exec function needs to be called SpecialButton, so we can include a keybinder that will work with all of the weapons that are included in the pack.
got half of the vote ;) just waitin on postal's approval.

Damn donator, that looks freakin rad!

Last edited:

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Ooo, another plasma toy. Cant wait to play with these things.

Soldat, I say no limit, just include a keybind section for the GUI. Guitar sounds fine to me. Something more unique then the generic blaster.

Last edited:

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
Postal said:
Ooo, another plasma toy. Cant wait to play with these things.

Soldat, I say no limit, just include a keybind section for the GUI. Guitar sounds fine to me. Something more unique then the generic blaster.

I am submitting an Uzi, but IF POSSIBLE I have an idea that may allow me to add TWO weapons. Just theory, of course. Uzi just needs skinning and animating. w00t! I will start animating right now.

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
hmm.. one more thing. what are you guys looking for, mainly? creativity, technically spectaular, overall enjoyment while killing, attention to details? which would you say is more important?

here's a pic of Ankalar's fabled famas... ported by me, and at the moment shooting goo...

edit: i probably won't enter this weapon... but it's fun anyways.

Attachments

• Shot00029.jpg
    Shot00029.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
All of the above. Origionality would be near the top, but not the most important. A totaly origional weapon that doesnt work for instance cant win. Fix the bugs, make the minor tweeks to make it good.

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
Postal said:
All of the above. Origionality would be near the top, but not the most important. A totaly origional weapon that doesnt work for instance cant win. Fix the bugs, make the minor tweeks to make it good.

My second weapon is nearing complete model stage. Ok, question:

Would you prefer
a) Uzi
b) Lava Caster

Neither is too much eye candy, but here are ideas:

Uzi: reloads every 30 bullets. (drop anim)
Lava Caster: Shoots a stream of lava that lands on the ground and forms a puddle, that lasts 10 seconds, (sorta like Bio Goop) To combat the minefield effect, make high ROF, low ammo

screens (updated):

Attachments

• UziStage2.JPG
    UziStage2.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 11
  • LavaCaster.JPG
    LavaCaster.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 11
  • LavaCaster3rdPerson.JPG
    LavaCaster3rdPerson.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 14
  • LavaCaster1stPerson.JPG
    LavaCaster1stPerson.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I have no preference either way, you make the idea you like better, you make it to the best of youre ability, and then with some luck, you might win.

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
hey postal,

my weapon is..er.. 2.5 mb on disk. but it zips up to around 1.2mb... is that alright?

it's a colt revolver, and there's about 15 attachments you can purchase with kill credits, which include dual guns, scopes, different primary and secondary firing, etc. ;)

here are some screen shots... first one is no attachments, second is a silencer + 4x scope, and last one is a 12x scope... heh heh :D

rofl: the lava gun seems interesting... what will 2ndary fire do?

Attachments

• Shot00031.jpg
    Shot00031.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Shot00033.jpg
    Shot00033.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Shot00034.jpg
    Shot00034.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 27

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
NNNoooooooYyyessshh Way. As I said in the rules, were flexable if you ask first. Sure I will take it. I'm also pritty sure Colt never make a top break. Looks more like a Schoefield, or more like some gun in a cartoon show I once saw, called trigun or something like that, Think I have seen like 3 episodes. Full underlug would make it kinda heavy, would would help control recoil, and I never saw a left hand loading gate before, but it does look awsome. Someone else made a Trigun pistol for 2k3, but this looks similar, but is obiviously better.

Anywho, I can recieve e-mails. If you want to submit something, mail it to Postal0311@Boo.net When I recieve a submission, I will make a post about it.

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
soldat said:
hey postal,

my weapon is..er.. 2.5 mb on disk. but it zips up to around 1.2mb... is that alright?

it's a colt revolver, and there's about 15 attachments you can purchase with kill credits, which include dual guns, scopes, different primary and secondary firing, etc. ;)

here are some screen shots... first one is no attachments, second is a silencer + 4x scope, and last one is a 12x scope... heh heh :D

rofl: the lava gun seems interesting... what will 2ndary fire do?

Still deciding, but I have a good idea.

Primary: Sprays a continous thick stream of boiling lava out onto the ground, lasts for 10 seconds, does moderate damage, and burn damage (after damage) Mostly used a choke point creator, or to cover your back when retreating. Try spraying it on an enemy >:]

Secondary: Fires a longrange pencil-width stream of super pressurized lava. Uses less ammo, does less damage, BUT you can shoot long range with secondary, while Primary is short/medium range. Best use: Burn damage. Need help thinking up a possible better secondary

Last edited:

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
*Taps foot*

*Looks at watch*

*Checks E-mail*

So, I am wondering when someones going to send something in. I understand it would be better to wait till the last moment, since I am going to only take the first submission, but boy am I looking foward to getting a submission.

I better get 10 weapons!

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
hrm... sorry... ut2k4.... keeping me busy!!!!!

onslaught... wierd name... but royale fun... especially online. what can i say.

actually... i should be coding *hangs head in shame*

postal: have you heard from 10 people about contest interest yet?

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
soldat said:
hrm... sorry... ut2k4.... keeping me busy!!!!!

onslaught... wierd name... but royale fun... especially online. what can i say.

actually... i should be coding *hangs head in shame*

postal: have you heard from 10 people about contest interest yet?

Ut2004 is rockin man! I spent 5 hours this morning playing assault, instead of trying to animate my weapon.

Soldat, can you help me with my model? I am having a bit of trouble animating/skinning it. WHat program are you using to model/animate? I see you've got a fine lookin' gun there, and was wondering if you could help me. Postal is worried about submissions, and I will gladly make one, but since this is my first ever REAL MODEL, I need some help.

Also, you know how to code, and that would help me out if you could give me some pointers. Not asking you to code, skin, or animate it, just asking for pointers/help.

Lava Caster model is finished, complete model is slightly below 1,300 poly's for 3rd person, will cut down some detail and make 1st person too. So, 1 hour of work.

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I love the vehicles, but I dont like the ONS gameplay. I would rather do Assault with vehicles.

2 weeks left

Last edited:

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
Hey Postal, maybe could you give us a few more days to complete the weapons? I think if I have a little more time I can finish it in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.