Very, very disturbing!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Hadmar said:
Anti cheat software is essential spyware with a "we promise we are not the bad guys" painting. It has been that way for ages. I probably ranted about that here when I learned that punkbuster could take screenshots back in the days of, I don't know, I think dinosaurs were still roaming the earth back then. So yeah, nothing new there. People didn't care back then, I doubt they care now.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Yeah, but BE seems to be even worse than PB. Its been revealed not only all of the above, but that they can inject and execute code on your computer. The ultimate virus / botnet. The more I learn about BIS, the more I believe that they are not the same people that made Arma II. This is a new cut-throat version of the company. They're Arma in name only.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
The question is, when was the last time someone took at closer look at Punkbuster, VAC, and whatever else is out there?

Not that I like the idea of anti-cheat software anyway, because false positives really suck.