Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I searched, but didn't find a real dedicated thread for this upcoming Source game.

First of all, anyone trying the demo right now or planning to buy it? It's definitely a multiplayer game that I think I might be able to get into.

Second of all, Circuit City is going to be selling it for $39.99 (U.S.) Available 11/19/08 – 2 PM, which is the best price I've seen for it yet. Even on Steam it's only on sale for $44.90.

I'd love to hear comments from anyone playing the demo.

I'm staying awake all night and into the day until the demo unlocks for those of us who are too cynical or smart to pay in advance. I've been anticipating this game for so long now and ith such high hopes.

I know to stay objective and realistic but I'm going to mark out like such a fanboy for this as long as it runs on my system reasonably well!

Last edited by a moderator:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Ive heard nothing but really good things but im gonna wait for a price drop first. $45 for what is really a half-life 2 mod is a bit much.

The demo for everyone comes out at 10am. Lets get some games going when that happens.

I'm staying awake all night and into the day until the demo unlocks for those of us who are too cynical or smart to pay in advance. I've been anticipating this game for so long now and ith such high hopes.

I know to stay objective and realistic but I'm going to mark out like such a fanboy for this as long as it runs on my system reasonably well!

You are wasting your time waiting around. Its not available until 10am pacific time.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
The game has got some issues with suddenly freezing, but apart from that it's perfect. If L4D is a mod for HL2, then Portal is too.

Kaleena

Unregistered User
Feb 17, 2008
ns

All of my friends who tried it say it's awesome. There was an early access possible for a few people.

I couldn't and still can't try it because steam is blocked by my college firewall, but I should get a new home with a real internet soon. And then, no doubt I'll immediatly get it D:

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
All of my friends who tried it say it's awesome. There was an early access possible for a few people.

I couldn't and still can't try it because steam is blocked by my college firewall, but I should get a new home with a real internet soon. And then, no doubt I'll immediatly get it D:

Proxy.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
The witch is cruel. I was on a server and we had a total newbie with us. He shot at the witch and she went ballistic. Knocked over the idiot, almost killing him, but about 8 shots from the auto-shotgun, standing right next to her, got her down.

That looks pretty bad though, Fuzzle. Are you running low graphics? My game looks way better.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I'm not running AA and I have the film grain on. All other settings are max though except AF which I think is on 4 or something.
Runs at a solid 60, but if I turn on AA it starts bogging down in the outdoor areas. I like the film grain effect in motion, but it looks bad in screenshots.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Hm, I'm not even sure I noticed that. I will have to examine the settings when I get to my home computer, perhaps take some 1920x1200 screens :)

Last edited:

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I've already pre-ordered Left 4 Dead (physical copy, only £20 at Amazon UK). It looks so fun and is one of my "must-get" games this Winter. I'll definitely be playing the demo tonight when it unlocks.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I remember seeing this booth set up at The Showdown LANFest 2007, in San Jose, CA. Since then, I havn't seen anything about it.

Does it still have that annoying glow in the wall where your team mates are? Or a map with radar? That idea was very dumb IMO.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
This game looks pretty awesome but I will probably wait for the price to come down. I'll be too busy poopsocking in WotLK to play it anyway ;)

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I remember seeing this booth set up at The Showdown LANFest 2007, in San Jose, CA. Since then, I havn't seen anything about it.

Does it still have that annoying glow in the wall where your team mates are? Or a map with radar? That idea was very dumb IMO.

Yeah, and it's pretty damn useful. Without it, the game would suck, because sometimes you will never know if people are ahead of you or behind you.

Last edited:

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
Oh man I had no idea that it's almost out, nor that the demo is out. That's sick!

So how difficult is it? Replay value?

So far the demo is great its one of the best Zombie games i have played and is a really innovate FPS. I am definitely going to add this to my game collection. Its not to hard at first and gets harder based on how your playing or the difficulty level you choose I still have yet to beat it on Expert.

Last edited: