Post SPAWN weapon ideas here!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Swerto

The Founder Of The PL4Y4 H474Z
Jul 29, 2005
Mr.Magnetichead said:
That's like going to George Lucas and telling him you've got an idea for a series of movies called 'star wars'.
THERE U HAPPY

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
Hashassin said:
How about a shield gun that absorbs and stores shock rifle ammo which you can shoot, except its all reverse, so like, primary shoots ball and when secondary hits, instead of an explosion there should be like an implosion which creates a black hole and sucks the enemy into oblivion!!!11
good idea.. yes yes.... no....
:(

I d like that but I think that they will just drop the shield gun in the next UT :-(

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Enforcers plz. No ****ing grenades. God do I ever hate grenades.

PS: Just a QUESTION for BULLET10K. Why do you CAPITALIZE words throughout your sentences LIKE THIS? It's WEIRD.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Grenades would be semi acceptable if levels had orthogonal surfaces and the grenades did 10-20 damage and a little more momentum. They currently are too powerful and too spammish for a spawn weapon and aren't suitable for competitive games where map control and strategy is emphasized.

What would be cool to counter spam is you shoot 50+ damage grenades but if they don't hit the target you loose damage; that would be hard make a weapon description for, but it would make a spammy spawn weapon justifiable. :D

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
dc- said:
PS: Just a QUESTION for BULLET10K. Why do you CAPITALIZE words throughout your sentences LIKE THIS? It's WEIRD.
Emphasis and clarity. Sorry if it's insulting or anything. And a lot of people do it too.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
briach said:
Grenades would be semi acceptable if levels had orthogonal surfaces and the grenades did 10-20 damage and a little more momentum. They currently are too powerful and too spammish for a spawn weapon and aren't suitable for competitive games where map control and strategy is emphasized.

What would be cool to counter spam is you shoot 50+ damage grenades but if they don't hit the target you loose damage; that would be hard make a weapon description for, but it would make a spammy spawn weapon justifiable. :D

Sounds like something that should be in UC2. From what I understand they had a lot of the life force stuff. You could call the nades "spirit granades". When you hit a target it drains their life force and gives it to you, but if you miss it takes the life energy from you . And you could only use one if you had more than 25 health. :)

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Bullet10k said:
Emphasis and clarity. Sorry if it's insulting or anything. And a lot of people do it too.
No it's not insulting I was just wondering.

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
A duel pistol scheme like the Nahkti Scorpions from UC2 would be cool.Maybe even with the freeze.It is an intresting weapon IMO.Kinda LIke the dispersion pistol, but alittle stronger, with the expendable yet infinite ammo.Fairly weak but can get the job done kinda like the old Enforcers.

Though this is all a moot point.....The enforcers are confirmed as your starting weapon.On that note, the OTHER spawn weapon, and an Unreal must IMO, the SHIED GUN IS GONE!!!!! Thats laim as hell to me.I see no replacement announced either.This may change but.....its crap if it does'nt.
The shield gun is awesome as hell, and is really hard to use offensivly.So why remove it?

I am VERY leary of what 2k7 is gonna be.While it will be Unreal and still probably be a very awsome FPS owning all the other laim ass titles out there(Halo).I am fearful that they may be taking a step backwards.They are all about this makin it more like UT99 business.While not entirely a bad idea, it's not an entirely good idea either.I am just afraid they may nerf the entire thing too much to appeal to a wider audience.This mean basically convering Halo'ers.I think Epic is definatly out to kill Bungie.Not that I have a problem with that, but if it make Unreal suk like Halo, then NO!!!!!

They're gonna downplay the movement and all this "Haloesque" sounding crap.IF you played UC2 for Xbox, you know that Epic has already showed love for the untalented noob who has no skillz.If this is what 2k7 turns out to be....I'll be sticking with GOOD OLD UNSTOPPABLE 2k4!!!!!!!!God I sound like a UT99 fanboy but only for 2k4.....I will play it and check it out.I just think things are looking bad....

Example: No assault, no Bonbing Run, no Lightning Gun, no Shiled gun, nerfed movement,ahhhh I better stop, Im making it worse for myself.

Last edited:

Vault

May 29, 2005
hhHHhahahha....epic could care less about halo...have you noticed that its an XBOX GAME? (not counting halo on the pc...but..hey like 10 people play that) and....do you see dodges in halo? no... there is almost nothing about Ut franchise present and future that resembles Halo in any way. Oh, and no double weilding sh!T either (cept for enforcers..)..no crap a$$ body sheild that regenerates..no friggin slow movement....so yeah..dont be worried about UT halo style. You liked Bombing Run? you dont think you'll like Conquest? you have no faith that the new sniper rifle might be better than the LTG...and you liked the sheild gun? ...its not nerfed movement...just better..do you realize all the movement types will stay, its just gonna be less profound..right?

Last edited:

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
Giving the fact that niether of us has played the game, I would'nt jump to any conclusions.

If you really read what I said, I'm just worried.I'll still play it....it will still be a good game I'm sure.For the competitiive side though, it may end up that I myself prefer 2k4, but we'll see.

Alot of this comes from playing UC2 and seeing some of the retatrded **** they did with that game.IT was a good game as well.As with any UT game, it pwned.It also had a few shortcomings,related to balance, and for FPS' thats not good.It could go either way.

I look at it like this: The last four games released: UT2003, U2, UT2004, and UC2.OF those only 1 is truly good all the way around.Even the original UC basically stank.IMO UT99 and UT 2004 are the only truly successful ventures on Epics part.The rest have been crappy and unpolished.Being that there percentages are'nt too good in my book, Im worried.Also it's a new engine and tech, kinda like when the ymade UT2k3...the commonly accpted bomb of the series.

briach said:

atm, some servers limit grenades u start off with to only 1 which is a really good idea as it stops players from spamming them

Persefone

Ms God!
Jun 2, 2005
I vote for the minigun like spawn weapon. It´s weak compared to the other weapons, but strong enought to get a spawned player a menace.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Persefone said:
I vote for the minigun like spawn weapon. It´s weak compared to the other weapons, but strong enought to get a spawned player a menace.

That would be bad for CTF though, because it wouldn't give the player time to escape the base. I can tell you if I spawned with the mini I would just telly after the flag carrier and mow them down. At least with the AR, unless they are really weak, or a bad player that is near impossible to do. Forcing a spawning player to take some time and locate a weapon, and perhaps some ammo, before perusing the enemy. In DM, ONS and CON it wouldn’t be bad though, because it would help defend against spawn killing.

Last edited:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
-AEnubis- said:
Still like the idea of something low damage, with push.
What about a distortion grenade? If a person is hit by it their view would shake making it impossible to aim. Like what happens to the Levi when deployed. Once hit, it could last like 2-3 seconds, enough time for a spawning person to escape. And so it doesn't throw balance off you could have the item removed from a players arsenal after 30 seconds, so they couldn't spam with it.

I know weird idea, but it's always an option. :lol:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Actually, a conc type grenade might not be a bad thing. If they didn't already pretty much have plans for the Enf/IH, I'd say a more accurate, low damage low rof AR7, with conc grens, instead of ones for damage could be cool. It would also then have a reason to be used otherwise, like when you have weapons. No other weapon would have that effect.

That is why I really like weapon effects other than damage.