Charachters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
again OT:
a pity they took away that cool name sounds, mmmmmmotiggg *hrhr* sounds good :)

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
Oakwarrior said:
Ow. :lol: Fate is actually. err. nvm.

My favorite has to be... Motig (I thought about this for like 10 mins :lol: ) for UT2k3 and 2k4.

Fate rox.!

I luv to see that thiny night female taking down 3 gene boosted juggernauts
while flipin in the air. U prolly laughin cuz u never seen this :)(since almost no one plays with fate(or no one skilled...))

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Oakwarrior said:
A godlike Fate is no match for the likes of me!

Edit: OT? Name sounds? Err... enlighten me.

In the main menu *g* when selecting a char, the announcer said his/her/its name, that was really cool :)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Yep, the Mr. Crow sound has been left in the game (maybe forgotten)

That was a real cool feature in UT2k3 :) so check it out, or if you haven`t it installed open unrealeditor and take a look at the sound packages, there must be one named "names" or something, that`s it :) there are also sounds of planned chars in there, which were not used in UT2k3 ;) it`s always intresting looking what has been planned and wasn`t used in the game (eg the other voices :))

Poll:Which UT-Champion has the most fans?

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
It was a clause in Mr. Crow's contract that, anytime someone selects him, his name must be announced. Epic tried to circumvent the clause, but Mr. Crow's lawyers got wind of it. There was a big legal dispute that was tied up in the courts for months. Epic, facing another delay for UT2004 due to the litigation, finally conceded, but only under the terms that Crow sign a contract extention that guaruntee his participation in UT2007. Crow and his attorneys agreed, and his announcement was left in UT2004.

The other competitors got wind of the exception made for Crow, but by the time they did, UT2004 had already gone gold. Furious that Epic had made an exception for Crow but no one else, some of the other competitors filed a class action lawsuit against Epic. The suit was soon dropped, though, since no one other than Mr. Crow had such a clause included in their contracts.

Negotiations are underway as to whether or not to include the voices of all participants in UT2007.

Oh yes now I remember.

Just joking. :lol: (I was joking about the huh what characters part)

We have talked about characters, dude! :D Err... lets liven this topic up *rubs hands*

I don't want to see ANY of the current anubans/nakthi, because they are... ugly. The armor is. Eh. Too much team color. And the faces (at least the males) look like a cat had a poop on them.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
UT: Metal Guard
UT2kx - Juggernauts. I am teh Gorgemaniac.

I just hope they don't turn Gorge into the eye-liner wearing emo-kid the UC2 version was. :( What a chunk of blasphemy THAT was.

I'd like to see more non-humanoid characters in the game but as UT is now a "competetiveness over fun" style game it seems they won't do it just from a balance point of view. Although I never used it much I still loved seeing the nali warcow running around in games. I'd love to see some designs like the custom Magdalena model or something of that nature. At least from the concept art it looks like they are actually gearing the characters towards looking like they are entering an arena battlefield, and not heading to the gym for their hour-long workout.

OT: Glad ya like the J2 skinpack, verison 2 soon!
Extremely OT: Maxx, what's with the *g* in all your posts?

Last edited: