Comments on my maps, lightning strikes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Morphias

Light my fire
Dec 19, 2000
Visit site
I have made a mod called PropTrigger which allows a mapper to modify attributes of an actor in gameplay.

Here is my latest maps which use this mod, I would like some comments please.

The lightning strikes will hurt and kill you.

Download Maps

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
nice lookin maps! the lightning looks very cool. you don't have much chance of being hit by it, but the danger of it is fun. On Storm, the fireflies are nice, and the floating log is a nice touch

the map itself (both maps have the same layout) is good for the demonstration purposes, but gameplay-wise they are all about item control and spawn killing. Even as 1v1 map, the guy or gal that gets to the rocket first will control the game.

I think mappers will appreciate this more than players, but PropTrigger in the hands of an innovative mapper or mod team may be VERY interesting.

Thanks, Morphias, and Welcome to BuF!

Morphias

Light my fire
Dec 19, 2000
Visit site
Thanks.

but gameplay-wise they are all about item control and spawn killing. Even as 1v1 map, the guy or gal that gets to the rocket first will control the game.
I'm not sure about that, there are four start points, I don't think a single person can cover all four of them at once. Since there are weapons close to each start point, and the fact you can spawn and not be seen staright away. The trees are good cover. I'll have to test it.

This mod (PropTrigger) would be very good for mappers or mod teams, I will be working on the code more soon to add some other stuff I think will be interesting.