Microsoft might Acquire Epic Games

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Is that why a console FPS is the highest selling/grossing game EVAR?

Halo 3 (8.1 million)
Gears of War (4.5 million)
Super Mario Bros. (40.23 million)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (18 million)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (10 million)
Super Mario World (20 million)
Super Mario 64 (11 million)
Tetris Gameboy (33 million)

In short, you're talking bollocks.

T@F

Jan 25, 2003
Visit site
Epic has gone down the console route.
So i`m guessing there prob will be a deal with ms.
Epic has lost my trust tbh.

They seem to say one thing,then month down the line they say another,how can we trust them now.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Halo 3 (8.1 million)
Gears of War (4.5 million)
Super Mario Bros. (40.23 million)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (18 million)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (10 million)
Super Mario World (20 million)
Super Mario 64 (11 million)
Tetris Gameboy (33 million)

In short, you're talking bollocks.

I deliberately cited more embarrassing ones :lol:

I mean Pokemon Yellow outsold Halo. Not the original, not the new ones - the yellow one plonked in the series at random as a remake. :lol:

Hell, Nintendogs outsold Halo.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Google 'Hamachi'. It's not the best, but it's fairly easy to use and it's free. They're actually VPNs (Virtual Private Networks). The Cisco client is the best one I've used so far.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
[SAS]Solid Snake;2083502 said:
Also, how is Epic indie developers right now? They may have been when they developed Unreal 1, but seeing as how they are developing multi million dollar projects in a nice fancy office building ... doesn't make sense.

Yeah, it just looks like rumours being passed off as fact or a news worthy item when it really isn't.
It's semantics. An "indie" studio is a studio that is not owned by their publisher, though some people think of indie studios as studios that make free games or don't make money.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Google 'Hamachi'. It's not the best, but it's fairly easy to use and it's free. They're actually VPNs (Virtual Private Networks). The Cisco client is the best one I've used so far.

I like OpenVPN.

It doesn't require a centrally managed server, offers strong authentication and can achieve a true bridged network for LAN-only networked games e.g. private Starcraft games (we prefer to play with the 1.07 patch).

MrMan

Jan 19, 2008
Whats real funny is this post was on the Epic Forums and Mark Rein Closed it ROFLMFAO!!! :lol:

Mircea

Feb 25, 2008
Being acquired by Microsoft... the worst tragedy that could happen to a software company today. I hope Epic will get through it... they made some mistakes but they are still "uncorrupted" :p

Epic are already commercial enough as they are. If Microsoft interferes... its goodbye for UT. UT 4 will probably be something stuck with 10000 ads, 10000 checks, and features that encourage most money for them. You seen what happened with Yahoo IM the second they mixed with Microsoft / MSN... that was just a scare.