ut2k7 demo release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MuLuNGuS

Apr 14, 2005
Selerox said:
I'll take back what I said, I rekon we might well not see UT2007 until November (the traditional UT release/demo month).

Stay tuned to BU folks! :)

like i said here and there: we will not see ut2k7 b4 near the end of 2006.
@E3 2005 the game was in a very early development stage, 2 much 2 do 2 bring it 1 year l8ter...lol

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
from the latest previews, it was said that UT2007 was run on quad Geforce 7800 GTX's. even when they're done the game content they will still have to do a giant load of engine and code optimizations in order to cut the necessary video card number to 2 or even 1 (good luck with that epic :D). What they have currently is short of an alpha, chances are that the game will drag out into early 2007 until it is released, which means that the demo will probably be released in november or december of this year or so.

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
So they use the latest hardware in their demo rigs. That means nothing with respect to the minimum requirements. You're right about the optimisations being the last thing in the development, so we probably won't see a demo until very soon before release.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Drag it down. Fast and hard.

->Sachiel<- said:
from the latest previews, it was said that UT2007 was run on quad Geforce 7800 GTX's. even when they're done the game content they will still have to do a giant load of engine and code optimizations in order to cut the necessary video card number to 2 or even 1 (good luck with that epic :D).

If they don't cut it down to 1 card, then UT2007's screwed. It'll have the same problem UT2003 had, by being so far ahead of the tech curve that no-one will be able to run it, only a lot more so. I know some people don't seem to think it'll be a major problem, but I garuntee it'll kill the game before it even starts.

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
CROWSE, you should play a game demo called RoboHordes, this is the first game that uses UE3 which you are able to get your hands on NOW! once you've played it, you'll know how bad the UE3 lags on current "good" computers (that is if you have one). Oh, and don't be fooled by the framerate, the game does the painkiller thing where when the game lags the game speed is reduced rather than having the framerate reduced, play it on 320x240 then work your way up and you'll realize how bad it lags on 1024x726.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I'm pretty sure they'll do the same kind of 'optimizations' they did for UT2k3 :
remove features that aren't as fun/fast as they ought to be

There's already the rumour that they've reduced warfare/conquest to a campaign-variant of ONS.
I wouldn't be suprised if all the physics-features and big graphical effects got turned into minor features at release as well.
I'm sure that's why you don't see much of UT2k7 in the way of screenshots or actual gameplay. It gives them room to kill features before they're leaked and it can stop the pre-hype that nearly killed UT2k3.

Hardware-requirements won't be a problem. Unreal itself, Quake, MS's Flightsimulator, Morrowind and the games in the Wingcommander-series all were ahead of the curve at release. And neither really suffered from those 'high' requirements.

Lack of interest for the genre is what is more likely to kill UT2k7's potential.
If the game is good (or the marketing convinces them it is good) then people will buy the hardware to run it.

Just look at Halo-series for the Xbox. People are/were spending $200+ just to play one game on a machine that can't do anything else except play games.

There's only one problem ... neither Epic nor Midway have shown they can promote a game like this. Heck ... only console-games ever get somewhat decent promotion outside the 'regular' channels.

Waz

Mar 11, 2006
Some of the guys on this thread are saying they don't think UT2k7 will be out for months to come, some even saying 2007??? :( But i have heard and seen that UT2k7 will be on the selves at the end of May? :eek: !

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11142&mid=328016

If i'm wrong plz tell me but i warn u now i may cry if the realease date is after the end of May :(

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
Crowze said:
...They have as much idea of the actual release date as anyone else outside Epic.
And that's assuming Epic have a clue themselves. Which to be honest is probably something they are aspiring to themselves.