Unreal PSX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
So does this mean the project is at an end Leo? I haven't communicated with you since I told you about the download I found at that other place,so I thought I'd have a peek and then I read about the hd failure! What does it mean in regards to what your doing?:eek:

It has no effect on what I am doing, the already recovered files are safe, this was only to search files that I have missing, which were on that HD etc...
Nothing what was recovered is lost and the work continues on the remake.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Nope....but I wasn't much active in it last weeks anyway, but well if anything else will be found by the guys, I will be contacted anyway and I don't wanna nudge or something.
There is a big chance it is on an old harddrive of one of the designers, I mean more stuff, but it can't be acessed for now.

I have the E3L6D remake almost done..just need to finish few things and waiting for a skin maker to do the job of making a new skin for certain character. Yeah for some reason I started off E3L6D and want to finish that one first, maybe because of the special enemy there that I got myself concentrated on to make, which has bot functions basically.

Last edited:

Iron_Ian

Sep 3, 2005
I'm curious did they ever shoot you any info about the Vortex Rikers maps?

Was looking at them all this afternoon and at first I was like "Oh cool, we get to go in the front of the ship that crashed into the mountain." Then I realized that the PSX version looks alot like the engine end of the ship. Is the PSX version supposed to be Nyleve's Falls hit by an earthquake or something?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
There are many versions of those maps as you can see, but well I didn't really receive detailed scenario or documents about the vortex rikers map and nathan silvers and eric reuter didn't remember the details anyway.

There are more detailed design docs or more stuff, but well I didn't get to them, one of the designers refused to give me these (because I don't have permission from the maker of those documents as it is unsure who really did them and Nick Pelling (who could shed a bit more light about it) didn't really engage in all this after release of Matthew Kagle's personal reworked maps) and other one has them probably on a hard drive which he can't acess atm anyway.

But well from the bits and pieces what I can gather, it is not the Nyleve area actually, it is behind it (behind the rock where VR crashes, so this is actually a different part of the ship it seems, which was unseen in original, of course it doesn't really match, but look at other ports of games from that era, they mostly use minor looks changes etc or redesigned parts), mirrored, basically the lava you see is somewhere close to dig entrance, as there is lava in Rrajigar.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I have another bad news, apart from the found CD content that was uploaded few months ago, the designer who had it had another harddrive with much more of the stuff and more recent, the CD backup was abysmal compared to that and didn't have much new, apart from some different map versions and stuff and of course the UPSX patcher.

But it seems the harddrive was fried, so nothing is there anymore...I guess the missing maps need to be remade from scratch then, as there is no other hope recovering the stuff, apart if someone managed to contact Jeff Rubin or Jakub Kisiel, which are the only designers that I have not contacted, well I contacted two Jeff Rubins, but these were not the ones I looked for.

this is NOT the one btw:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffrubin

So if you wanna help don't contact that one.

I suppose Jakub Kisiel was this one:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jakub-kisiel/4/143/639

Although not sure, the one that worked on Unreal PSX had an account on one unreal related site, i think Unreal destination or how it was called. Maybe I am confusing the name now, but his old email on that doesn't work of course. EDIT: Nvm it was unreality.dk, the site

I tried to contact people can fly for his contact, but they didn't get back to me. All of the other designers I contacted before though, well Jason Watkins didn't talk to me for a long time and he supposedly still had some of the stuff, so I dunno about that, if he will ever get back to me again.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
My attempts to contact them continued, I contacted nearly like 10 other Jeff Rubins or tried to, only one got back to me and it wasn't the one I am looking for..only if it wasn't so common name.

Also it seems Jakub Kisiel from People Can Fly isn't the guy who worked on Unreal PSX, it was different guy after all. :shake:

I have old email adress to that guy, however it was on unrealdestionation and that site is long gone....

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Nah sorry I confused it, it was unreality.dk

Besides I can't acess oldunreal since the incident and set up false acussations (I never said I wanted to hack any oldunreal admin or anything like that, etc, a claim made even before the incident though). EDIT: Please don't bring that topic anymore anyone and just focus on the topic which is Unreal PSX.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Of course it didn't work....vortexq doesn't work anymore, as well as unreality.dk? Anyone know anyone from those sites? I was again so close...at least I know more now...

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Sorry for spamming with so many posts, but so you know there are updates...

Right now I found the correct Jeff Rubin and am gonna talk with him further, so there is probably more to come.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Thanks. It will take some time before he will get to it and he doesn't have it with him atm, but there is high chance he will have a lot of stuff, so maybe most of missing maps will be recovered, at least hope so...

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
Thanks. It will take some time before he will get to it and he doesn't have it with him atm, but there is high chance he will have a lot of stuff, so maybe most of missing maps will be recovered, at least hope so...

Niiiice!
Does this mean he might have some beta stuff too?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I doubt that actually, he wasn't involved with developement of original Unreal.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
It will take months at max (maybe sooner) before he will get to that stuff, so don't wait for it too eagerly.

You need to be patient. It isn't gonna disappear or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.