Starting a LAN party...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
using the school computers in the computer lab! :D My school admin and the computer admin have all given me the go ahead so it's only a matter of time now. And, yes, I will be using Unreal Tournament for the LAN party. Any suggestions on some fun mods to use or comments on this? I already have a very nice collection but I want to know what you guys would do for mods.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
For some fun action, I'd say that kill the saint mutator. As for running the game, it's best that you run a dedicated server and have access to the webadmin page.

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
There are a few things to consider here. 1st is that UT is extremely fun on it's own. Almost every team mode is a blast, and FFA is nice as well. You may throw some relics in to add to craziness or go instagib for a bit more hardcore feel.

You can install strangelove mod to get this crazy redeemer flight battles, rocket arena for some quick and explosive action, chaos UT for some fun new weaponary, the list goes on almost forever.

I suggest you go with vanilla UT for starters, you may add anything you want later. But installing some mods and configuring them for LAN play may be a bit of a pain.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Yeah, I have to install just plain ol' UT on about 10 computers. Not even kidding. Everyone at my school seems to want to go to this. That is both really awesome and really frustrating. However, I am the only one who plays UT at my school so I'll get to own some newblets.

Oh yes, that kill the saint mutator is called HolyWars FYI. ;) But I like the Eavy Hunter match. I think that's what it's called. It's been a bit of a long time.

Last edited:

awergh

Apr 12, 2008
EavyHunterTournament is what you mean, I was looking for something like that before I found HolyWars it sounds better then HolyWars too sortof because maybe yeah.

Anyway Dedicated server is best I think allows you to run Nexgen and maybe mapvote though maybe thats not necessary for newbs cause they dont know the maps.
XMaps and XMapsRC might be handy if you want to change maps and modes regularly instead of manually starting the server again since you want it to be as easy as possible for the other people.

When I last had UT99 at a LAN party, I was surprised they let me suggest it.
I had AS,DM,iDM,CTF,Strangelove CTF,DOM,Monster Hunt
In reality I think that was too much and needed refining 1000 maps in mapvote is too many I think. Sometime I will definately clean it up though and remove ctf-floridasharkattack that was not a good choice to have there