Thanks BT - v2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Not sure if anyone can help me with this, as the problem i'm sure is with BT's equipment. For the last few months my connection has become slowly more unstable, I found about 3-4 months ago the only way to stay connected was to force my m0dem (diamond supra 56e)to connect at 28k, this was playable until a couple of months ago, whith pingspikes making the game unplayable. It'll start off at 200-250 which is OK with me :) but as soon as I get in a fight it's up to 800-1400 and if I hit anything it's just luck (or spam ;)). As soon as I die (which is soon ) it drops back again. Seems as if the connection just can't keep up with the game.
Tried different ISP's including Jolt's and 3 different modems, win98 and 2k, and another PC.
I've tried to report it to BT a few times but they say they only guarantee 22kbps on a PSTN line, but last week they sent an engineer. He tried to connect on his BT laptop, expecting to prove it wasn't their fault and managed to transfer 4.5kbytes - in 2 minutes. After changing the line over to a spare he said it'd be passed onto the exchange engineers. Finally today the fault progress report said it's been repaired, but I just tried it and it still sucks. :( I haven't been able to play a decent game online for weeks and it's driving me nuts. Sorry for the long complaint but if anyone can help.....please... I want to FRAG!!! :).

(Note:anyone saying get ISDN/DSL will be hit with a stick: I'd be happy to pay whatever it took if I could get a digital conn.)

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Sorry, but that's not the cause, I don't use BT's ISP service and have tried different ones. Looks like my online playing is over for now :(. Thanks for trying to help anyway :).