World of Warcrafters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Anyone here a regular on WoW? I'm planning on getting it (sometime in the next century, hopefully :p) and I realize a game like this requires some sort of grouping to succeed.

BoboThePenguin

Bird. Bird. Bird. Bird is the word.
Feb 9, 2004
www.digitallifestylecenter.com
I'm a level 21 dwarven hunter on the Windrunner server, I play in a guild that consists mostly of people I know IRL, but we're willing to make exceptions ;) I believe WoW costs $15 a month but it's worth every penny, although I just got it the day after Christmas so I haven't had to pay a fee yet. :D

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I will be getting it at the end of the week when I back on broadband internet. I didn't get it before because the past week and this week I am staying away from home right now.

It's worth it, though. A really really good game, very atmospheric and with lots of options. You don't have to put hours and hours a day into it to enjoy it. During beta, most days I only played about two hours.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I currently have a 42 rogue on Stormrage (PvE).

As for cost its $15 a month, but like most MMO's if you buy multiple months the price goes down. For instance you can buy six months (the current max) and the cost per month is $12.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I've been trying to get it, I was in the beta test and WoW is by far the best MMORPG ever made, and easily one of the best RPGs and games of 2005. It is $50 for the software and $15 a month, with one month free. The only thing I hate is having to pay for the software. I think the software should be free on this mmorpgs. I have no problem paying the monthly fee, but the fee for the software just doesn't make anysense to me.

[IsP]KaRnAgE

You Can Be My Wingman
Jul 24, 2001
The Highway to the Danger Zone
At best, it should be 20$ to download. Since that would count for the "free" month and give 5 more dollars to Blizzard. They need a better patching system though. This bittorrent thing they have sucks. Slowest tracker in the WORLD.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Woo! Blizzard has it on their website! Ordered! \o/

Now: do I sell the copy I ordered here at work for $40 on eBay, or will the game become that easy to get that people won't pay more than $40-$50 for it?

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
I'm playing in the EU final beta, got a level 14 gnome mage

really loving the game, the characters are great, it's got humour, adventure, danger, all sorts. Some highlights for me are the griffin flights, the /train command, and trying to run through a level 20+ contested area as a level 5 Night Elf to try and get to the human and dwarf lands.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I heard of this game .. looks good.

Is it a Diablo 2 version of War Craft?

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
The Dopefish said:
Diablo 2 = action/adventure-role playing
Warcraft = real-time strategy
WoW = massively multiplayer online role playing

So...no. :D

Hmmmm... I just saw videos on it and it looks very similar to D2 in many ways .. and in your explanation you kinda said the same thing ... d2 is an online role player also...

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
The Dopefish said:
There are some differences between the gameplay and how the game is set up.
Ya for sure .. but what I said is the game type d2 related.. u c what I ment now? heh

Also just saw a new vid, it seriously looks great im considering tryin or buying it! :)

[IsP]KaRnAgE

You Can Be My Wingman
Jul 24, 2001
The Highway to the Danger Zone
I don't see how it looks at all like D2, except that both have swords and magic. o_O

D2 = Hordes of monsters, lots of killing that is practically real time point and click combat. Very action focused.
WOW = Traditional MMO "cooldown" based combat against usually one target at a time, except for AOE attacks. Not so action focused.

Also, D2 multiplayer is just the single player campaign on coop mode. :p