DM-1on1-Mortality

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
hmmm... the map is only 1 room. it might be more suited for 0-1 players... one could take himself out quite easily with the flak cannon or a misplaced rocket.'

lets space things out a bit... 1 on 1 doesnt have to be so small, check out some other 1 on 1 maps... also, the EOL texture sey is usually real ugly, you didnt use it too bad though. id like to see more effort on the lights too.

good go, keep workin on it! :D

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Good music.

The poly count is a wee to high, maybe make those pillars simpler if it's not too much trouble. I liked the lighting, very realistic actually, but it's boring, put a small grating over the hole in the ceiling to get some nice shadow effects. <<seriously do this.

The ammo was a bit excessive. I thought the size was fine for the layout. The waterfall's didn't match the color of the smoke effects, maybe you could make those special lit to match...looked very nice really.

faderide

Far beyond driven
Liked the lighting below the skybox, but I didn't see any light sources for the lower level armor room. Also didn't understand the fire sounds above each platform?

Need to align some of them textures. Noticed some misalignment on the walls in the armor room and some in the upper area (walls could have better texture alignment)

Theres a crack in the wall where you can see light shining through - right behind the pulse gun.

Thought it played pretty good-bot wise. Don't play alot of 1 on 1 maps, but thought this was pretty fun with one bot.
Just needs a little tweakin.
:)

]BloodForge[

Dec 22, 2001
Illinois, USA
Visit site
Feedback.

I think Chrysaor's idea of the grating or something similar to cast some cool shadows is a good idea. I also agree with Rig that the map could be a little bit bigger. I like the overall idea of it. The only real problem that I saw with bot pathing was on the ramps that go down below. The bot often got stuck there. Other than that I thought the pathing was fine. And there was some textures that needed alignment. Overall a decent map.:)

Phloxx

The Necromapper
Jan 19, 2002
Pandemonium Fortress
merci

Yeah I'm a newby in the forums and was too lazy to post any pics. I'll fiddle with the grating idea and touch up on the textures. I play the map frequently and haven't notice any major problems but I'll look into that "bot getting stuck" thing. The light in the basement is supposed to come from the little fires in the walls (hence the fire sound) but I think I'll darken it a little more. I'll also make the smoke a little bluish. Great thanks for pointing out errors and prospects of improvement.