This is an outrage! ----->

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sgt_Rock

Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
Re: Outrage???

Originally posted by |mX|Alphax
http://bunkers.dayofdefeatmod.com/mapping/reviews/sicily/

Just click that link and tell me what you think. What the DoD team was ripped off one of the best Inf map.

/me goes and cries in a corner

Ps. DOD is a modification for Half-life.

Hi! My nick is Sgt_Rock and I moderate on the Day Of Defeat official forum. I have played mods from Halflife and Unreal Tournament from the dawn of both engines. I must say that after playing inf_sicily mentioned above I can assure you that the map dod_sicily is in no way a copy of the map inf_sicily especially since the former pertains to the allied invasion of sicily during world war 2 (which I may point out hasnt even been released yet) and the latter is about a modern paramilitary action. Maybe your angst is over developed and misdirected when you fail to realize that. I am a fan of both games and I must say that both have their strengths. What you fail to realize is that currently the HL (Halflife) community is quite large and if you try out other games instead of bashing them you may find that you will enjoy them even better. Numbers dont lie to popularity as well especially considering how old the halflife game really is...

STATS BY GAMESPY

10214 servers, 45753 players Halfife
2672 servers, 5390 players Unreal Tournament
2639 servers, 4148 players Quake 3: Arena
582 servers, 2027 players Starsiege TRIBES
820 servers, 1312 players Quake II
181 servers, 652 players Rogue Spear
107 servers, 444 players Soldier of Fortune: Retail
102 servers, 318 players Team Arena Retail
316 servers, 286 players Quakeworld
111 servers, 261 players Kingpin

As for one game ripping off anothers work. I dont think either mod teams would appreciate that happening. Both contain the same earthly location there are no similarities beyond that. Give DoD a try you just may like it and maybe next time before you shoot off yer um... gun make sure you have gotten all the facts straightened away like the other true INF fans.

All jokes aside though, I find INF a great game and I hope you guys enjoy DoD as well. Thank you all for listening drone on and I thank the other INF forum members for knowing the difference as well. I hope to see you in both games having fun, laterz.

PS. Heres a shot of the teams work, hope you guys like it... even though it seems like I'm pimping it a lil :)

http://members.primary.net/~carbotage/axisscene.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.btinternet.com/~gundam/alliedgroupjpg.jpg

-Sgt_Rock

Last edited:

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
dont sweat it sgt_rock, this sort of things happen all the time everywhere. If it gets out of hand one of us will close the silly thread.

I have to say them screenie's are sweet. I think i'll go try DoD when get the time. Tho that may be a while coz I'm playing Fallout Tactics at the moment. I'm waiting for my telephone company to finish its network upgrades - then maybe i can go play INF online and dl DoD.