Janeane Garafalo owns the **** out of some word twisting Neo-Cons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
Fights like this one (not this thread) are literally pulling America apart. People just don't get it. You are hurting your country by not backing your president. Everyone followed bush to the grave, but got forbid anyone take orders from a "n igger".

At the end of the day it's your country and if you want to weaken it, others will take it over, both through business and through real estate.

If people keep fighting America will sink. It's not a threat. It's not a joke. It's literally what will happen unless the people pushing against the president realize this isn't some fun ****ing game.

This isn't a fun tail gate party to join on the weekend. This is you pissing all over your countries only hope to fix itself.

I mean there are people yelling "white slavery"! Do you people even know how to read? Obama is lowering taxes for the middle class to give you more control over your lives. He's trying to make it mandatory for all children to be covered under medicare.

If you want to follow sources like Fox news then go ahead, but groups like that are truly journalistic slime sponsored by those who don't care about America only about their investments.

Thats what most people don't understand. The fellow raking in a few million a year doesn't care about America. He /She doesn't need their protection. They have enough money to do whatever they want and take care of themselves and their family through it all.

You need America. You the person reading this blog that makes a modest income. These safeties being set up are to ensure that the majority of the country can sustain itself. Don't let those who have enough money to not care about America dissuade you from getting the services you literally need to survive.

Having said all this, I will say that I am Canadian. I don't say all of this though because I am looking down on America from a patriarcle stance though. Its important to me because you are all people who have lives and families and jobs and you all matter. I don't want to see millions of people throw away their future because they are to silly to actually look at the facts and instead be "infotained" by Rich "patriots" who walk across your backs to make themselves wealthy.

The real partiots are the middle class people who are trying to fight for a better america. These tea parties are just those rich groups who don't need "America" tricking you (and you are being tricked) into pushing their agenda.

Good luck with your country I truly hope it works out for the best.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Everyone followed bush to the grave, but got forbid anyone take orders from a "n igger".
everyone followed Bush? wtf? Oh yea, I'm against a $20 trillion debt because Obama's black. yep, that's it
At the end of the day it's your country and if you want to weaken it, others will take it over, both through business and through real estate.
Oh, you mean like how we're printing and borrowing money from China?

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
You are in a rut. Your country is literally falling apart. This is where Bush put you. Unfortunatley you will have to stay there for a while before things get better.

When things start to turn around and people have more money there will be renewed investment in the country. Until then though your just going to have to eat the **** sandwich you made.

The choice you can make though is how long you have to eat that sandwich for.

The problem is that this issue is so large and includes so many factors that the average person can't simply wrap their head around it during a one hour news program.

Certain news media know this and they also know that there are people out there who just want an answer. They don't care if its right or wrong they will just follow the easiest to understand answer they are presented with.

It takes a lot more than just watching a 1 hour news program and mentally digesting the answer or opinion they just offered you. Try reading newspapers from other countries, try looking at arguments from both sides.

But if this offends you I'm sorry. I'm sure you'll feel better when you watch Fox news at 11 and they tell you how to feel.

Last edited:

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
The thing is, we both agree that everyone involved should be prosecuted, regardless of party. I'm saying that you reply to me by repeating "stop making this a partisan witchunt" when the very post you're replying to says "This should be non-partisan, if Pelosi was in on it she goes down too." I'm just asking for some comprehension here instead of canned responses.
Because at the ned of the day, all it is is a partisan witch hunt. You can call it whatever you like, but it is still the same thing. And until this crap stops, I'll continue to call it what it is.

I've already made my views on nuking innocent civilians (and the supreme irony of then telling other people they can't have nukes) known. The thing is: There could have been other options. There almost certainly were other options -- the Kamikaze tactic itself was indicative of the Japanese desperation by that point, because if they had to ram planes into decks it means they were running out of other options; who's to say that sitting off the coast and shelling targets for a few months wouldn't have worked? But the bombs were dropped, and then the history books were written to say "the bombs had to be dropped, there was no other choice", and thus it goes down in history. Nobody except the higher levels of intelligence/power at the time will ever know.
Other than continuing the same battles, what other options were there? We tried incendiary bombing of Tokyo to render it more damaged and more dead than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined, but did that stop the Japanese? Nope. It was only after we showed them that we had the "ultimate" weapon and weren't afraid to use it that they backed down.

I don't hold one set of a million people as more valuable than another set of a million people.
Losses in the two bombings totaled by all estimates less than 300,000, and that included those survivors who died by 1950 due to radiation poisoning. Estimates of a continuing war with Japan showed American losses to be of about 1 million and Japanese losses to be close to that. It sounds horrible to kill a quarter of a million to save possible 8 times that many. Honestly, I would NOT wanted to have been on the decision making end of that. I would not want that on my conscience either way it went.

It is easy for a person to sit back and say that we should not have committed certain acts, but hindsight is always 20/20. What we need to focus on now is our current situation and actions to help prevent or minimize future attacks. No matter what we do or say, there are those groups who will always hate America and her allies. And many of those groups will refuse to be reasoned with, so our only course with those people may only be that of questionable activities.

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
You are in a rut. Your country is literally falling apart. This is where Bush put you. Unfortunatley you will have to stay there for a while before things get better.
wow! Yea, Bush and the neo-cons, and them alone, caused the whole housing market bubble and crash. yep, that's it!

But if this offends you I'm sorry. I'm sure you'll feel better when you watch Fox news at 11 and they tell you how to feel.
The truth is that no matter what news channel you watch, they pretty much report the same stories. Fox puts a "republican" spin on it and all of the other put a "democratic" spin on it. You go ahead and just watch one side of the spin and think you're informed.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
we can play word games all day long, but the bottom line is that you'd condone waterboarding on innocent people just because they volunteer, yet you don't condone waterboarding on terrorists that volunteer to plot and kill innocent people in an effort to save lives.
I'm searching for a new dealer and it sounds like yours has good ****. Could you introduce me to him?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The hyperbole in this thread runs very thick. Some of you sound like you get your world views from fiction.

Fights like this one (not this thread) are literally pulling America apart. People just don't get it. You are hurting your country by not backing your president. The real partiots are the middle class people who are trying to fight for a better america. These tea parties are just those rich groups who don't need "America" tricking you (and you are being tricked) into pushing their agenda.

Do you even have the faintest idea what you're talking about?

You are in a rut. Your country is literally falling apart. This is where Bush put you.

Hyperbole again. Also, no.

Bush had a helped Congress spend too much, he bumbled foreign affairs in many cases, did little to slow the growth of government, and signed some bad legislation. However, some of the biggest current issues America faces are hardly his alone.

Unfortunatley you will have to stay there for a while before things get better.

On that we agree.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Autopsy, my friend you have read so much wrong in my question, stuff I don't even agree with myself.

Let me rephrase my question. :)

You say you have no respect for people who make 250k a year. Okay.
I ask: so you have no respect for a surgeon dedicating his life to saving others?

That it only my question, the salary bit is there just because I am asking myself if a surgeon does make 250k a year, or not. It's just there because I'm wondering if a surgeon qualifies, according to your previous statement, in the group of people you do not respect.

Myself I respect surgeons because they are dedicated to saving lives (even if they're in it just for the money, they still have to do the job right, or they will be jobless pretty soon - no money, so it works out in the end I think), not because they make a lot of money.

I don't have much respect for people who boast of themselves because they have a lot of money and do nothing significant (Charities, helping others in the need, etc) with it, I think you agree with that as well.

g4nd41ph

Feb 1, 2005
If they save lives and work so hard at their craft, they don't have time to spend millions of dollars a year on entertainment and luxury, or at least they shouldn't. Sorry, golfing on your private island you sailed to on your private yacht is not practicing an altruistic saintly career path, it's just being a greedy remorseless chud, and propping yourself on a pedastool so you can look down on all the peons. Many of whom are slaving away in ****ty dead end jobs, whether or not they had the potential to be skilled surgeons or masters of some other more "respected" career. Meanwhile any dullard who had mom and dad's money to push them through college gets a chance to take a scalpel to people so they can cater to the health "insurance" industry and spend their career jumping through those flaming hoops of bureaucracy and green tape... all in an effort to save a multi-bilion dollar a year corporation from spending any of the free money they collect from people they dupe into thinking they have their best interests at heart... Sorry I kinda rambled there,.. I seem to have lost track of the "respect" part.. hmm oh it must be under this pile of money and greedy fat people. Yeah most doctors start their careers with the best of intentions (/snicker) but all of them eventually become a small cog in the wheel of "oh god liability! quick, dont don't do anything, maybe the problem will go away and die, and my career/WALLET will be safe.)

...and show no respect?? Money is not respect. Money buys false respect sure. But you seem to be confused, or your values are as screwed up as most of humanities so you haven't ever seen real respect. Money is a vile and stupid idea, and anyone who thinks it's somehow not is an idiot. Money didn't solve any of humanities complicated resource vs. availability problems in it's inception, it created all of them. How anyone doesn't see "Credit" as the icing on the retard cake is a complete mystery to me too.

I'm taking the time to answer all this, because I disagree with a lot of what you said in this post.
If a person has the mental capabilities to study a profession which gives him a lot of responsibility, there is a certain reward tied to that. This reward is because they spend years studying and because if they're good at their job, it's hard to replace them. Business executives are a different story, but companies are created to make the top richer, so it's logical they're a bunch of moneygrabbers.
Also, where I live anyone go to the University with a government loan.
Having a certain job or a certain income doesn't mean you should get respect. Being good at your job and having noble motives does. Being a good person and living by your code of honor does. Granted, these people are not that common. There are a lot of surgeons who don't earn my respect and there are some businessmen who do.

On the subject of money: let me first say I'm not charmed by your ad-hominem attack calling everyone who disagrees with you mentally challenged.
Now to refute your arguments: money is what allowed people to dedicate themselves to a certain task, for which they got something that represented a certain value, which they could then trade for anything of the same value. Therefore, they didn't have to have something that someone else happened to want and vice-versa in order to get what they needed.
It also made trade between communities easier, further speeding up the progress of civilization. Ultimately, it enabled a service based economy as we know it today, where you can be a doctor, a cop, a politician or a teacher, without producing anything yourself.
It is true that money has it's downsides in that it is easy to be hoarded by exploiting the poor and weak, but it can also be used to support them by providing care and credit to spend on food and other necessary resources, instead of their family/direct neighbours having to support them (and if those can't, the person who can't support himself being ****ed). Granted, I'm thankful to live in a country where the government does look after it's citizens.
I think that in the end, it has done more good than bad for humanity, unless your idea of utopia is to live in a primitive autarky and earn anything you'd ever need by doing your job to your ability. Alas, most humans are too lazy for this to work on a global scale.

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
The idea of a hyperbole is a comforting thought, but nothing more than that. Unless you get out of a rut then the aforementioned hyperbole never actually happens.

Again a nice quick thought that makes people looking for a simple answer satisfied, but not an actual certainty.

Last edited:

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
I don't agree with everything 100%, but props for a thoughtful post. where do you live?

I'm taking the time to answer all this, because I disagree with a lot of what you said in this post.
If a person has the mental capabilities to study a profession which gives him a lot of responsibility, there is a certain reward tied to that. This reward is because they spend years studying and because if they're good at their job, it's hard to replace them. Business executives are a different story, but companies are created to make the top richer, so it's logical they're a bunch of moneygrabbers.
Also, where I live anyone go to the University with a government loan.
Having a certain job or a certain income doesn't mean you should get respect. Being good at your job and having noble motives does. Being a good person and living by your code of honor does. Granted, these people are not that common. There are a lot of surgeons who don't earn my respect and there are some businessmen who do.

On the subject of money: let me first say I'm not charmed by your ad-hominem attack calling everyone who disagrees with you mentally challenged.
Now to refute your arguments: money is what allowed people to dedicate themselves to a certain task, for which they got something that represented a certain value, which they could then trade for anything of the same value. Therefore, they didn't have to have something that someone else happened to want and vice-versa in order to get what they needed.
It also made trade between communities easier, further speeding up the progress of civilization. Ultimately, it enabled a service based economy as we know it today, where you can be a doctor, a cop, a politician or a teacher, without producing anything yourself.
It is true that money has it's downsides in that it is easy to be hoarded by exploiting the poor and weak, but it can also be used to support them by providing care and credit to spend on food and other necessary resources, instead of their family/direct neighbours having to support them (and if those can't, the person who can't support himself being ****ed). Granted, I'm thankful to live in a country where the government does look after it's citizens.
I think that in the end, it has done more good than bad for humanity, unless your idea of utopia is to live in a primitive autarky and earn anything you'd ever need by doing your job to your ability. Alas, most humans are too lazy for this to work on a global scale.