Ultimate Community Map Pack Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
After a number of previews, the Ultimate Community Map Pack is ready for download. Consisting of 13 levels of DM, CTF, ONS, and DDOM gametypes, the pack is available as one large zip file (171 MB).

You'll find plenty of screenshots, more of the stylized wallpapers seen below, and details on a server currently running the pack at the website.

Download UCMP volume 1 from BeyondUnreal FileWorks

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
My friend was 'exited'' to tell me him pack was realeased.

Will chek it out!

Selerox said:
I presume BU will run a mirroring service for this one, as it look's to be one of the best packs for a while?

hal said:
We're working on a BeyondUnreal FileWorks mirror right now.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2003
Australia
Always thought the best mappers are in the Unreal community. They're the ones that have taken to creating their own custom assets the best, esspecially static meshes and really making their levels unique.
Take other games like Doom 3 or HL2, most of those mappers wouldn't even know how to use meshes to detail their levels.

omg. just tried out all the maps. This is the best mappack for UT2004. GET IT NOW!!! I cannot stress how ****ing good this is.

Favorite maps:
CTF-DecaneCaldera
DM-BloodRun
DM-ThePits
DM-Contrast
DOM-Cerebral

I cant wait to play these on FragBU.

Funktion

Nov 16, 2004
This is an excelent map pack. The only "negative" thing I can think of is that there's a couple of spelling errors in some of the maps' descriptions... :)
The maps are all fun to play, visually interesting, and with no performance problems (at least I didn't have any).

Some of my personal favourites are:
CTF-UCMP-Aquatica
DM-UCMP-ImMortalis
CTF-UCMP-DecaneCaldera
DM-UCMP-ThePits
DM-UCMP-Bloodrun

Bring on Volume 2! :D

cAm

Mar 26, 2005
Radeon285 said:
omg. just tried out all the maps. This is the best mappack for UT2004. GET IT NOW!!! I cannot stress how ****ing good this is.

Favorite maps:
CTF-DecaneCaldera
DM-BloodRun
DM-ThePits
DM-Contrast
DOM-Cerebral

I cant wait to play these on FragBU.

Thanks, and glad you enjoy it ;)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Funny little thing about Blood Run (love the atmosphere!) is that if you jump in the little blue stream coming out of the dragon's mouth (lower level), you are jetisoned out of the level!

I couldn't find any other way to get back into the match except to suicide.

PostPunk

DESIGN JUNKIE
Jul 19, 2004
Whenever I've jumped into that stream, I'm just teleported to another part of the level...

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
hal said:
Funny little thing about Blood Run (love the atmosphere!) is that if you jump in the little blue stream coming out of the dragon's mouth (lower level), you are jetisoned out of the level!

I couldn't find any other way to get back into the match except to suicide.
It's a teleporter...and I'm pretty sure there's 2 of them (haven't played the level enough to be sure). I guess that time was just a bug...it's never happened for me- only teleported me to the top of the level :)

Bloodrun is a very solid map though, I love it so far. Very complicated/complete layout, no dead ends or anything, and amazing visuals - while my FPS is still extremely high.

I also love Derelict...amazing map. Barballs has come alot since his first 1 on 1 map (thecore, I believe).

As for the wacky ONS map included..well yay for "ONS for dummies" vehicle :D

Can't wait to try the rest of the maps in here..I'm beyond satisfied right now :)

Funktion

Nov 16, 2004
Check out the CTF maps next, they're some of the best since the release of the Flag Pack.
Great stuff... :)

Nosnos

Nali
Jan 6, 2003
Stockholm
www.unrealnorth.com
I've only played the DM-maps so far and only in instant action but I must say that this pack is pretty good in terms of gameplay, especially compared to other maps/map-packs that have been released... I don't know if you guys have made custom music or not but the music on some of the maps are simply awesome ^^ Just gonna mention something about the four maps that I think are the best...

Derelict - Really nice visuals which hurts the FPS since the map is also very open. The maps open nature will also make the map extremly hitscan dominated, especially since the 100a is at the top with the LG which makes it possible to pretty much stay on top for a whole match... Would have liked to see the 100a down at the bottom which would force the player to go down sometimes... pretty much like you have on roughinery so that weapons like RL/Flak comes into play more.

Bloodrun - Really really liked it should be very fun in 1on1, although it does have the DD... The DD can be removed but that would make that whole area pretty pointless imo... The theme is also highly original which is always a plus ^^

Contrast - I love the feel of this map and they way the designer has used the possiblity that the UT-movements brings with liftjumps... The map do feel a bit big and empty... some of the corridors are just to long and I personally would have liked the map to be a bit more cramped, which would also help make the map less dominated by LG and Shock...

RancidMetal - Solid map with old school flow and design. I think the map would have benifited a lot from having a different theme since Rankin is the most played DM-map... It wouldnt have to have been custom but just different, perhaps something like DM-Oceanic. It would make the map feel new and fresh...

I cant comment that much on PU/Weapon placements on the maps since it's difficult to do without having played the maps in a "serious" enviroment... but it looks like thought has gone into it on all of these four maps which is a nice change compared from most custom and retail maps ^^