HELP ME plz!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zenith-X

Aug 16, 2001
Almere, Holland
Well Unreal Tournament is the first game that i played online, but after about a year, i got bored of it and i took a brake.

But now i have a problem, in the time that i was taking a break, i replaced my goof old Voodoo2 with a TNT2.

Now i have very bad preformance. The voodoo 2 didn't work that well eather, but the TNT2 dousn't preform as good as i hoped.

Can anyone plz help me to give me better preformance?

I mean i dont know what settings i should sure, f.e:

-Rendering? (Direct3D, OpenGL or Software?)
-Preferences settings?
-Other tweaks?

Maby there are some tweaked Direct3D drivers somewhere, becouse i cant belive how badly my preformance is.

Tankz a lot for helping me out here

P.S
Unreal Tournament still kicks the ass of all other FPS out there (yes including Counter-Strike and Quake3!)

Cya All !

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Need you frames per sec
-open ut console and type timedemo 1 and it'll give you no.s on the right hand side of the screen.
What speed is your CPU.
I'm guessing you have the latest drivers for your card.
Also what are your display setting in UT?

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
Far too much stuff for you to do to mention here but suffice to say that your voodoo was meant to go with UT and your TNT wasnt which makes getting it going aswell is a chore. Goto where sweed told you to go and mess about a bit.

P.S there is a beta d3d renderer available but its very unstable and doesnt work with many people so it prolly isnt worth it.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
truffles.jpg

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by Zenith-X
Well i have:

a celeron 400MHz
160 MB Ram
TNT2 m64 32MB PCI

i get about 30 fps dropping to 10 :( :mad:
it's the celery holding you back. I got about 20 fps avg on a 400 mhz k6-2. UT is processor intensive. Don't play anything above 800x600 res, 16 bit colous and make sure you are not using 3d sound or surround sound. Keep your detail levels medium. and go to the site swedix posted too.

Zenith-X

Aug 16, 2001
Almere, Holland
Thankz all for replying, Unreal is preforming better now, i hope someone can still give me good settings i should enter in the advanced settings you can enter by typing "preferences" in your console, but the game is playable now, so i can start traning thankz a lot once again, and i hope to see you in Unreal Tournament very soon!

Xian_EF

Sep 22, 2000
Visit site
Try this...
type "preferences" (obviously) :)

1. ok... first off, the cache... go to ADVANCED -> GAME ENG SETTINGS and set it to a calculated free space... it should be Full Patiotion HD - UT Requirements (about 150MB) - (Free space\2)
what i mean is, if your HD partition has 2 Gb, and you have 500 MB Free, write 350 MB there... ok this should give you about 5% improvement (it counts)... also 128 RAM should help

2. AUDIO -> turn the output rate to 11025, turn off filter and reverb... Sorround and 3D Sound should be off too also +5% improvement

3. DISPLAY -> turn off curved surfaces, decals and screen flashes... also SlowVideoBuffering should be set to False... DirectDraw True, MinFrameRate about 25-30... this should give you +10%

4. VIDEO RENDERING... nVidia cards, especially tnt 2 cards use Direct3D best... so go to RENDERING -> direct3d -> turn detail textures to False, Shiny Surfaces, Multitextures, Triliniear, Triple Buffering, Palettes and Vsync to False. Precache True... this will give you 10-15% depending on your drivers...

5. gameplay - no decals, world and textures to medium

I have a K62 @ 350
256 MB RAM
Voodoo 2 @ 12 MB RAM
and i get between 9-10 and 20 - 25 (thank god for RAM)

Hope this helps... if u're still not satisfied start with unrealtournament.exe -nosound, this should give you a +25% performance (honest), but u will have no sound