St00pid

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Faded Soul

Sniper
Apr 30, 2001
New York State
www.backyards.com
Err..

Well, opinion time for me: I don't really like it either... Its just too... I dunno what word I am looking for but what I think would of made a good CD jewel case would be a collage of things that all came together and looked great, maybe depicting some action. But it doesn't really matter does it, its not like you're going to frame it and show it off to everyone...

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
I think that the problem with the CD Cover is that it really doesn't convey what Infiltration is all about. There's no central ideal or focal point. Its just a bunch of guys standing around with guns. If you had no idea what Infiltration was and saw this CD Cover, You probably wouldn't be too interested. "Its a bunch of guys standing around with guns. Whoop-dee-doo".

The CD Cover should feature something that is central and distinctive to Infiltration. You might consider using something that is more composite; this is a CD Cover, not a photo album.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Originally posted by Der Techniker
Alright, I will brave my first post to this board (even though this is far from the first time I have read its posts), in order to share my thoughts here...

Bad, bad Cholo, for having an opinion! I thought we had gotten you off of that nasty habit, but I guess I was wrong. Seriously though, I think ya'll (pardon my terminology) need to cool down for a few seconds. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, whether it be popular or not. So just as Cholo should be able to say what he thinks about the new jewel case cover, so should all of you be able to say that you don't agree with him.

But come on guys, is it really required that a load of people all jump on the smashing train to tell him that he's wrong, with no explanation as to why they disagree? I can't actually believe I am taking the time to write this all out, but what good does trolling about do?

In short: Just take a step back! Some of us happen to find the cover art humorous. I wonder how many flames I could get if I posted my long-standing opinion that the Inf models dressed in the all white Arctic camo (with the helmets) look like skinny snowmen with guns. Most likely I would get the calvary sent down upon me for induldging my slanted sense of humor.

Cholo did you register another account so you could post this? :lol: Seriously though I ordered the CD allready because the cover looked so damn good! I love it!

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
Originally posted by {GD}NTKB

Cholo did you register another account so you could post this? :lol: Seriously though I ordered the CD allready because the cover looked so damn good! I love it!

You could have saved some money and had all your clan mates huddle around and take screenies.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I think ElectricSheep posted the only calm, rational argument so far pertaining to the artwork itself... indeed, the cover art really doesn't have a unified, clear, focused design to draw someone's eye, and the subtle technical feats the artist used would not be immediately evident to a casual observer. However, given that the CD (at the moment) is not primarily meant to draw new players to it because of the neat design, but as a service to those who already know about the game, what the CD cover lacks in slickness of design is fully acceptable.

Case in point: Cover to Iron Maiden's album Somewhere In Time... to a casual observer, the artwork looks horribly cluttered and complicated, taking much focus away from what looks like the main subject of the piece (futuristic cyborg Eddie with a raygun). However, the vast majority of Maiden fans consider it one of the best covers of all their albums because they can find and recognize all the little inside references and appreciate the art on a level far exceeding mere appeal of design.

Perhaps (although this would cost a lot more) if the INF CD came in two editions, the first what we see now, the second a digipack with a much more unified front design (maybe a black field, black-and-white akimbo M16/FAMAS superimposed on a closeup of someone taking aim (or just the guy without the two guns)) and the current cover pic inside the manual where one would expect a picture of the band were the CD an album and the manual the set of lyrics...

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
There's a difference between not having a preference for something and insulting the artists behind the work. When you criticize the very intentions of the work, you attack the artist. And when someone attacks the volunteer artist personally, someone who I'm sure put quite a bit of effort into it and is proud of his/her work, that pisses me off. These are people that put their spare time into creating a game you play for free, the least you could do is either be grateful in some shape or form. If not, then don't play it. Nobody cares if you don't. But do not sit around and bitch about how a team full of voluteers are, according to you, lazy and incompetant.

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
Dear god does EVERY thread get off track here?

Thank you everyone who posted after the inital mindless flames. I do in fact think Cholo and I are allowed our own opinions. The cover does not tell you what Inf is about. It is pretty much a group photo. As for whoever implied I'm not an inf fan...cmon...if anyone disses inf they arent fans? Then everyone who plays RA is not a inf fan since beppo has called the RA mutator unrealistic.

Sheesh I'm the person who started the 'Thank you Inf team' Thread in which I heartily thanked in team for making such a great mod. Very few of you added your thanks to that thread btw. You were mostly busy starting "what should the next weapons be after 2.87" threads.

As for my original post on the ilcr site:
I was just confused why they spent time updating the site when everyone is waiting on 2.87. I've talked to several people and they doubt that it will even be released in Jan unless you buy it.

Your inital replies on this forum:

"I'm sure the inf team appreciates your input. Assholes"

"I agree ...they probably though that nobody were ever reading their forum ...
Im sure Cholo is able to do a better pocket for the jewel case huh ?
****er"

"that was complaining of no gain. no logic or main acomplishment was gained from it. people just need to stop complaining and be thankful that there will be a next infiltration release."

Oh yeah that shows much more class....I've got to learn from that.

You dont like the ilcr forum then just dont visit, we really wouldnt care...and please sheesh just mellow out. Its not like I made the Inf team commit suicide.

With all the complaining here about rushing and camping and grenades and guns I dont see how you dont go crazy. .I don't see how the inf team doesnt go crazy

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
I was just confused why they spent time updating the site when everyone is waiting on 2.87. I've talked to several people and they doubt that it will even be released in Jan unless you buy it.

They don't have messed priorities. That site has been around since at least December, but was supposed to go live when 2.87 was released.

Edit: Earlier then december

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
Originally posted by jaeg
There's a difference between not having a preference for something and insulting the artists behind the work. When you criticize the very intentions of the work, you attack the artist. And when someone attacks the volunteer artist personally, someone who I'm sure put quite a bit of effort into it and is proud of his/her work, that pisses me off. These are people that put their spare time into creating a game you play for free, the least you could do is either be grateful in some shape or form. If not, then don't play it. Nobody cares if you don't. But do not sit around and bitch about how a team full of voluteers are, according to you, lazy and incompetant.

Just because you play a game does not mean you have to like everything about it. Free or not. I play INF but there is plenty I don't like about it - so should I move on? I will make that decision, not you or anybody around. I do appreciate that this mod is around and it just happens to be free.

Art is personal. If you put something out there then expect people to have opinions on it. If you can't handle critiques or negative comments on your work then don't make it public.

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
How did I attack the artist personally?

I dont even know who he/she is!
I just said it was corny!

Did I say the inf team is 'Lazy and incompetent'
Did I even imply that?

I just thought that their priorities were dubious. Thats my opinion and If I want to voice it in my home forum I will. If anyone cannot take a little criticism such as that then they wont survive in this world, online or offline.

You're seeing things that arent there.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
My only problem is you started the thread, obviously on purpose, to a) insult and b) arouse emotion. And succeeded, greatly. To that, I say:

dontfeedthetroll.gif

The website, if you didn't know already, was a gift, yes, a frikkin gift to the team and community, to help make getting the information about infiltration and infiltration related activites more available to us. If you didn't know that, then that's cool.

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
:rolleyes: for the ILCR guys actually giving a <html>s</html>hit what the cover looks like and for taking the piss out of it

:rolleyes: at everyone here for giving a <html>s</html>hit over what they said

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California