Unreal map install problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

anthem70

Metal is the only way!!
Dec 20, 2001
Ventura, California
Visit site
d4mn, I just installed win2k Pro (NTFS) on my computer, I can play the game and use the editor but when I download maps from nali city and put them in the map folder they don't show up in my map list when I play. The properties of the maps say they are .TXT files.
I went to control panels under file types and it says open .unr files with unreal tournament but the icon is all jacked and it is still .TXT. With windows 98 I haven't had any problems. My friend suggested reinstalling unreal? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
If you just go to the map file and double click it will it run???
If it asks for "open with" tell it UT....if it`s not on the list tell it "other" and then find UT.....try in once first and if it works....tell it always use this program to open.
See if that works.

S

SpiritWalker

Rukee is right.. try that..
also check your "view files" option..
it isn't the OS...