Your help requested on new Urban Map!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Hello to everyone in the Forum.
You probably haven't played my first map DM-Colony001. Anyway Nail City gave it 7/10 which was a pleasant to here as it was a surprise. Anyway it gave me a real confidence boost and got me to continue with my latest map. The map is very large and based on a town with around 50 buildings and every building can be got inside. Sound interested, well if you are then you can help me with some decision problems. I have 3 questions about the map, which you can find, at my site I have made purely for the map:
http://www.planetunreal.com/texturelab/map/index.htm

Anyone who sends advice or answers a question will get a mention in the read me file which accompanies the map.

Screenshots are also available at the web site.

PLANET UNREAL IS EXCELLENT!!!

Clanless][

Apr 29, 2000
Visit site
I have a suggestion:
Since the map looks like a chunk out of the middle of the city and not indoors, could you take away the huge tall walls around the perimeter of it? Maybe just block off the streets with barricades or something - that would be cool.

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>When upset, remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown, yet only 4 to extend your middle finger.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clanless][

Apr 29, 2000
Visit site
Ok-
Rip down the walls and instead keep going on with low poly count buildings to keep speeds down, then put some barricades and a collision hull so no one gets out there.
The barricades would just be street blocks or something, maybe throw in some other stuff to keep it random and nice :)

Towns are probably the 2nd hardest map to build, hardest being natural landscapes. Good job on making it look so nice and realistic :)

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>When upset, remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown, yet only 4 to extend your middle finger.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>