Wallpaper Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
we both sort of had the idea if the III being ripped into the metal, in the end I couldn't get that looking the way I wanted though so I decided to make it look more like blood and nanoblack mixing together.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
Erm... I know I havent been here long and all but can I get some or one or maybe even half a Necris wallpaper? I'd request alot more but I dont think others are big enough fans to have them plasterd on thair computer screens heeh.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
It's been a while since I made any UT wallpapers. Here is a little homage, if you will, to the entire UT series of games. The background texture is a mixture of homebrewery and premade textures. The U shields were made in Photoshop. Finishing was done in Lightroom.

Zip files include all three versions in the designated resolution. If you need a resolution not listed, please let me know and I'll try my best to accommodate.

Enjoy!

Preview of all 3 Wallpapers
Please view fullsize
[screenshot]http://www.acliffhanger.com/Downloads/shieldwallpack.jpg[/screenshot]

Downloads
1920x1200
1680x1050
1600x1200
1440x900
1280x1024
1280x800
1024x768

Last edited:

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Hi all. Thought I'd make some new Splashes for UT3. You know, the graphic image that pops up when you start the game up. Anyways, if you are tired of the retail version or just looking for something new, please try these three. Each game in the series is represented: UT, UT2003/4 and UT3.

Get the download here.

Preview Image Depicting All Three Splashes

[screenshot]http://www.acliffhanger.com/ut3/Shield_Splash_Preview.png[/screenshot]​

Installation
------------
Unzip Shield_Splash.zip. Copy the folder to the directory
Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Splash\PC. Rename and backup your current
Splash.bmp file, which is located in the same directory. Drop the new splash from
one of the included folders into the overhead folder ..\UTGame\Splash\PC.
Start up the game and enjoy!

I have also included the retail Splash screen in its own folder as a backup in case
you accidently wipe out your original.

How to Create Your Own Splash
-----------------------------
1. Open Photoshop or other image editor.
2. Create new image with these settings: 572px wide by 720px high, 71 dpi
3. Add content as desired.
4. Save image as 24 bit BMP.
5. Backup your current splash and replace with the newly created splash.
6. Startup UT3 and enjoy.

Note: You may use other sizes than 572x720, but please be mindful of your desktop
resolution and that of anyone who might use your Splash.

Credits:
--------
Me
Epic Games
Midway

Copyright / Permissions
-----------------------
All images except for the original retail Splash are Copyrighted 2008 to Crotale

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this pack, without my explicit permission!

You MAY distribute this pack through any electronic network (internet (web/ftp),
FIDO, local BBS, Magazine, etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive
intact.

UNREAL (c)1998 Epic Megagames, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by GT
Interactive Software, Inc. under license. UNREAL and the UNREAL logo are registered
trademarks of Epic Megagames, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are
properties of their respective owners.

UNREAL TOURNAMENT (c)1999 Epic Megagames, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by
GT Interactive Software, Inc. under license. UNREAL TOURNAMENT and the UNREAL
TOURNAMENT logo are registered trademarks of Epic Megagames, Inc. All other
trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2003 (c)2002 Epic Megagames, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by
GT Interactive Software, Inc. under license. UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2003 and the UNREAL
TOURNAMENT 2003 logo are registered trademarks of Epic Megagames, Inc. All other

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 (c)2004 Epic Megagames, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by
GT Interactive Software, Inc. under license. UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 and the UNREAL
TOURNAMENT 2004 logo are registered trademarks of Epic Megagames, Inc. All other

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 (c)2007 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by
GT Interactive Software, Inc. under license. UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 and the UNREAL
TOURNAMENT 3 logo are registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. All other

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I've been working on a new poster/wallpaper set these last few weeks. I think I'm done with it, maybe. The finished product is a result of about 100 hours of work using a Wacom Tablet, Corel Painter and Photoshop. Finishing was done in Lightroom.

The final smaller 1600x2000px image is posted below. I've also included the download link for the fullsize 16"x20" 4800x6000px 300dpi poster that anyone can take down to Kinkos or wherever they can get a large poster printed. Be forewarned, it weighs in at about 9.5MB, so dialup users might not want to touch it.

[screenshot]http://www.acliffhanger.com/ut3/LMS_Poster_Small.jpg[/screenshot]​

Additionally, I have made a set of various resolutions of this poster for desktop wallpaper use. Resolutions range from 1920x1200, 1680x1050, 1600x1200, 1440x900, 1280x1024. Please let me know if you need a resolution not listed.

[screenshot]http://www.acliffhanger.com/ut3/lmswp1920.jpg[/screenshot]

1920x1200
1680x1050
1600x1200
1440x900
1280x1024

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Looks like a neat concept Crotale. But what's with the PS-artistic-like filter effects?

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Thanks Kantham. Good eye, as I did use a 5 percent blend of a cutout overlay for smoothing my brush strokes. The only other filter effects I used were a light fill of Smart Blur for additional smoothing and Highpass on Hard Light blend for clarity. The original linearted pieces were done with thick edging, which may give it a slight "poster edge" look, but I tend to stay away from the poster edge filter since it is so blatantly obvious when used and usually does not look good anyway.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I like the composition and the colour and general mood.
The heaps of bodies fading into the fog works really well.

One thing besides what Kantham mentioned too that stabbed me in the eye though, was the outline on the text of the poster version. At first it looked like anti-aliasing gone wrong or a compression error on the outline of the text.
Is that a carbon texture/pattern? Doesn't seem to fit with the nice clean cut metal style of the main text. /nitpick

Last edited:

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was wondering if someone would mention the stroke texture on the text. That is blend of custom layers styles actually. I'll experiment and post any changes I can come up with.

The "art" style (loosely phrased) that I used for the image itself is mostly due to me using the same paint brushes but varying the size, consistency and the number of layers. I used waaaaaay more layers for Malcolm and his RL than the bodies on the ground, as I felt that the focal area would be more on Mal than the bodies.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Woah, Fragger's Crystal U is neat! And the best thing is that it loops to right, so it's fit for my 1680x1050 screen! The crystal and blood one doesn't loop though, so... :(

ilbeppe

Wild Mapper!
Oct 29, 2008
great job :)
thanks for your works Crotale and Fragger,
hope you make more wallpapers:D

Last edited:

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Thanks guys. I don't think Fragger made any of the wallpapers he posted.

Btw, I re-accomplished the typeset on the LMS poster. I think this one looks much better than the previous version. I overwrote the old file.

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
New patch and Titan Bonus Pack brings us to a new set of wallpapers. My first one in this new set will be the Titan Wallpaper. I made a few subtle texture, color and focal changes to the original image, as well as adding in the logo and disclaimer. The second wallpaper is CTF-Shaft featuring Reaper. Both wallpapers come in several desktop resolutions, ranging from 1024x768 to 1920x1200. Please let me know if you require a resolution not listed here.

Thanks goes out to Epic Games for creating this awesome new content and for allowing me to use their incredible artwork.

Enjoy!

TITAN WALLPAPER PREVIEW
[screenshot]http://www.acliffhanger.com/ut3/TitanWP1920.jpg[/screenshot]

1920x1200
1680x1050
1600x1200
1440x900
1280x1024
1280x800
1024x768

CTF-SHAFT PREVIEW

[screenshot]http://www.acliffhanger.com/ut3/CTFShaftWP1920.jpg[/screenshot]