UT Neo_b's Stargate Map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Neo_b

Jul 2, 2008
Thanks. Lol! I just found a rather bad bug - when you send a "DIAL" signal to an nDHD while it is already automatically dialing an address, it will start dialing the new passed address without AddrReset()ing the nStargate (which will most likely result in the nStargate not receiving a correct address, since it would be composed of the beginning of the first address and the full second address), while it should do nothing instead and wait for the dialing to end.

Simply put, it should check if DialingAddr=="" in the Dial() function and then dial, otherwise do nothing.

It's ironic, I didn't know about this bug for so long, and now that I release the source code, I discover it. :p

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I cannot tell you the times I've done that. I had a recurring bug in the Unreal1 health preventing it from working for over a year. I worked and worked at fixing it but it took dropping it for a few months to realize my (stupid) error: I didn't add a default property :rollseyes:

Neo_b

Jul 2, 2008
I'm rearranging my Stargate code - altering it, so that I can make a cool Stargate singleplayer campaign for UT'99. :) Will allow Stargates to transport to another level, accept spawned actors, allow transport between two stargates and act as playerstarts. Also, it will be improved and simplified in a couple of places.