Unreal II to receive network support and more!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Ryan - the website (http://unreal2.xsa1.com/) says that it should have a linking story between U2 and U2XMP. Not sure if it was finished, though.
Dandeloreon - both platforms have ports that weren't finished. I think Linux support was almost finished. But you can't play it on those platforms out of the box, will need some work to do.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
I think XMP just needs re-made using something like the Torque Shader Engine Advanced/Torque Game Engine Advanced where the engine and netcode are designed for this kind of gameplay :)

http://playlegions.com if anybody wants to try a game thats using the engine im talking about :)

Note that you can play the above game(and other IA games) in safari3/4, chrome and other browsers using the Firefox plugin(web browser is used as the server browser)

I just think this game engine is better for this kinda game, and i KNOW the netcode is FAR better(best fps netcode you can find anywhere!!)

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Hi Dandel welcome back :) Get some more cxp ppl back for a reunion... lol

I think the "platform" question should be:
1) Vista?
2) Win7?
3) Nintendo DSi? :)

heheheheheheh... just kidding about 3, but I'm serious with the first two. Since the original was made for XP, and despite the release version works on Vista, it's still not guaranteed this one will.

OT: about owl's pessimism... The weekly thing DID work for many months (until I got too busy will Real Life after April), you just didn't show up :p I think the only pet that showed up often was snake.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Hey Dead Metal!

BTW I have been trying to find cXp people to come play during those "XMP Wednesdays". Well I haven't played since April, but if you guys are back, I'm back :D

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
Heh, haven't had XMP on my system in a while, wouldn't mind playing again though... or even helping with a resurrection - Dandel informed me of this thread.

*makes spooky hands*

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
Meh, that's *so* watered down. No wonder Omni's play it ;)

Wait for this instead: http://playtribes.com (more info)

Btw, welcome back (been 2+ years)!

:)

and Legions is still a "work in progress" if the XMP croud would hop on their forums and request a XMP game type I think Munge would do it eventually, problem is that the ONLY person whos requested it has been me :/

the dev's of the game arent that far from me, and are mostly good guys, the game started with 1 class and 1 loadout, then got 3 classes and 3 load outs(like xmp has sorta) but now you can choose a predefined loadout, Its making steady progress, they also plan to put out tribes thats vista compatible!!!

Honestly get people to join IA and pop on the forums letting munge(head dev) know that there really is a demand/market for an XMP game style :)

Mar 6, 2004
thanks, its been a bit hot here lately and I get all sweaty thanks to my office being next to a west facing window!!!

Hey you seem to no longer have that problem with spelling anymore. Didn't you have some type of disibility? (not that kind...).

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Someone just came on wednesday nights it seems right after I left the server, now I joined again but dont expect anyone to show up again, I was watching something, you must have played a pretty short match then while I was gone from there.