UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
please fix where oponents set to 11 only gives you 9

Thanks for the patch :)

Oh and please fix how bots take 5 secconds to see an enermy player if the bot is defending at a defence point.. they just take so long to respond you can frag them before they respond to you I would like to add defence points to my map if ya fix this :)

^

So true, I hope that they will fix that. Once and for all, the bots are stupid when playing D. Or ask a bot to cover you, ha big joke there, you get shoot in very near range, and the bot that is supose to cover you, is looking at you.

Not even looking in the back to see whou is shooting (in UT3 even when you change the level it is the same) Like said above, when you take the flag, it is like they don't see you at all. And about 5 seconds later oop's where is my flag

Try the UT99 bots and see the difference. Best bots UT99 (depending on your settings of course)

And what about the aim of the falk?

Last edited:

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
I'm still amazed at how quickly you 180'd about the state of this game in the course of a month.
Who me? I don't think I've 180'd about the state of the game.. I have never completely condemned the game or sung its praises, if I see problems I talk about them, if I see features I like I talk about those too. I'd like it if the expansion helped get the series going back in the right direction and maybe it will.. I am an old dog when it comes to this game and I believe for me it's too late and that for me nothing will replace the "glory days".. that's okay too, because it's just a game.

Last edited:

HarleyKing

Road Killa'
Feb 2, 2009
Liandri
I'd like to know how they really improved AI in vehicle gametypes. Does anyone know if bots still do that crazy dog walk when you hook on their vehicles? When I'm carring the orb, I avoid taking a ride since they simply can't take you to any friggin' node without first driving randomly and slaping you against every ledge and wall they can.. very annoying.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Why did I parody with such a stupid movie?

The UT3 UI wakes up the next day after it's encounter with the alien substance.

"This functionality, where did it come from?"

But really the new layout is an evil virus from space that causes things to be more ANGRY. Then it'll go out of control and have to be repelled off the game with loud soundbytes. Then a disgruntled mutator that got cut from the game will absorb the substance and become VENOM UT3.

So yeah. That's why you should all be worried about this new stuff.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
the background for the menu controls needs a change but the color scheme alone is a hugely awsome change.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
is there something wrong with that? :lol:

The crappy menu of old has been replaced with a new menu. Ergonomics is something to talk about right? How pleasing this new menu is on the eyes? We can't really discuss functionality until we have tried it for ourselves. And considering we've only seen a couple of screenshots that don't reveal much, I think the only thing left to discuss would be the menu's artistic value :p

or we could move on and talk about the changes made by the patch again.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
OMG how could I forget this one... please please please fix the trigger system so that mod makers can start adding doors and other pawn triggerd things into there levels... I Know epic know about it.. thats why checker said the doors were taken out of coret so please fix with a patch.

the reason I remember this is because I had this kool idea for my map which I cannot do because I would need to use a trigger volume ... :(

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Are we seriously still talking about the artistic value of the menu?
yes- because besides the lack of options, the most annoying thing about the menus for me was they made my eyes bleed (just as much as the blood that's spilled for the menu). The black is seriously much easier on the eyes, and you aren't quite as eager to get it out of your face.

Alopexau

Mar 28, 2005
One thing i'm still bugged by is a feature 2k4 had that's missing in UT3.. 'map defaults' bot count, that automatically set an appropriate number of bots according to the map settings... that hasn't been snuck in in 2.0 has it?

{Ogre}Spin

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Grabbed the patch this morning, first thoughts are very positive, as others have said, the choice of 'carbon fibre' texture looks cheap, although in context in the menu with the overlay it looks ok...if epic just read those initial thoughts and improve one texture that issues is closed though, I'm sure that feedback should get through.

Interface as a whole feels more 'made for mouse' and still works just fine with a controller. Everything out of the box defaults for an xbox controller nicely.

Noticed a fair bit of hitching in the menus that I didn't see before, like it was shifting lots of stuff to/from memory or disk.

Outside of the menu nothing much to report. Game was stable, I got to tweak my graphics nicely to a level I was happy with for fps tradeoff, big improvement there. Nice to try some bot matches and see my achievements clocking up.

Oh, and new splashscreen looks ugly by comparison. sorry to bitch

TheSomian

Freak
Dec 22, 2005
Germany
www.paythegame.net
Can you please tell me, if you see the colored controller-buttons close to the menu options so we finally know what button to press instead of trying each button and starting the game by accident over and over again? :D i hated it. especially because these buttons are standard i most "better" games.

Another question: can we finally set-up the split-screen mode player names etc.? (and set up splitscreen in the game at all instead of using .ini-files)?

Last edited:

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
[SCREENSHOT]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/i/Ignotium/123970/qfjeinkvqp.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
sexy

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I don't want to sound too much like a troll, but it seems that they haven't 'improved the menu flow and useablility of the interface'... they just recoloured it! :con: Wouldn't it have been better to put the advanced options in 2 columns instead of scrolling bar and massive space between text and checkbox? We'll have to wait and try the new server browser, but I don't expect any right-click stuff or in-game browser...

That said, the new colour scheme looks very cool and that's a significant improvement already... :tup:

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
hmm... i can't really point my finger at a single thing but this beta already made the game feel soooooo much better. made it feel different.
the improved character lighting actually made my jaw drop
and the AI improvements? hell, i can finally play instagib against bots again! they actually move around the map after shooting me!!!

this is just awesome!

oh, and... i like the menu :shy:

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
I noticed that, but then realized it was only beta 1.
Judging from betas of old, not all features are fully implemented in the first go.

That said, though, the layout and flow of the menu is still exactly the same. It just looks better.

'Course, I've got MM dropped in on top of it, so I rarely use the default UI anyway.