Oops... Once again.. all I ask...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rox jumping mutator/setting?

• Total voters

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
He meant rocket jumping, because they nerfed teh shieldgun in AS, so if rocket jumping was a viable alternative to hammer jumping then they'd nerf it in Conquest, because they nerfed stuff in AS ut2k4. I sure hope they don't nerf any movements in Conquest. :(

I personally think weapon boosting and risky advanced movements should have been one of the attractions to AS2k4, like ut99, but instead they nerfed AS trying to make it like CS or something. I say just make it the most insane experience as possible.

Last edited:

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Yeah but you have to balance that against exploitability. UT99 AS was fun, until the IH got exploited and maps were done in 15s flat without fragging.

I suppose as long as things are well scripted it shouldn't be as much of a problem. This is with AS maps is that they always tend to lack on the DM front too...

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
He meant rocket jumping, because they nerfed teh shieldgun in AS, so if rocket jumping was a viable alternative to hammer jumping then they'd nerf it in Conquest, because they nerfed stuff in AS ut2k4. I sure hope they don't nerf any movements in Conquest.

I know exactly what he meant. My point is that such "adjustments" are crimes against nature.

I repeat: No Nerfing.

That is my one and only message to Epic and all concerned.

Thou shalt not nerf.

Last edited:

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Yeah, I do agree with ya there... I loved the fact that when Eavy' came out with the AS Bonus Pack for UT it had maps that were actually designed with hammer jumping in mind. Made it part of the game instead of an "exploit."
Nerfing the gun's ability for a certain gametype has always seemed plain retarded to me. In fact one of the reasons I was so dissapointed in 2k4's AS mode was that they didn't incorporate the SG jump into the maps designs. So yeah... I retract my above statements saying nerf it for gametypes :D.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Nemephosis said:
So it's true, people DO only want UT with better graphics.
No, just similar movement and damage. I feel they weakened some of the weapons way too much. New content is awesome as long as it's thought out and implemented correctly.

Changes like DOM-> DDOM and UT99 AS-> UT2004 AS are examples of changes that were not thought out or implemented correctly.

Last edited:

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Neophoenix said:
No, just similar movement and damage. I feel they weakened some of the weapons way too much. New content is awesome as long as it's thought out and implemented correctly.

The combination of extra moves and weaker weapons in UT2kx so far just makes no sense. They give you the ability to dodge six rockets, then they cut it down to three, weaker ones.

But that's another topic.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I'd honestly just like UT with more balanced weapons. Frames and Gameplay are way more important than graphics, and I think we are starting to see the more detailed and life like graphics get, the more difficult it becomes to do things like, "distinguish a character model from a background."

Weapon balance has always been my draw to this game. The rest is just filler.

nuttella said:
The combination of extra moves and weaker weapons in UT2kx so far just makes no sense. They give you the ability to dodge six rockets, then they cut it down to three, weaker ones.

Yes.

I'm all about improoved gameplay, and changes, but if the changes actually are improovements. I like the way 2kx plays, but I still feel somethings about UT are way better. It becomes a lesser of two evils though: Put up with new 2kx stuff I don't like, or put up with what is now horridly unbalanced weapons in UT.

Again, Weapon balance is the draw for me.

LagMasterSam

Jul 18, 2005
I think all explosive weapons should have momentum transfer proportional to the damage they inflict on the user. A rocket should transfer a lot of momentum, but as a trade-off the player should also take a lot of damage.

As far the most "usefull" trick jumping weapons in UT2004 I would rank them like this.

1. Shield Gun
2. Bio Rifle
3. Assault Rifle / Shock Rifle (tie)

Of course, you can also use the Flak Cannon, Rocket Launcher, or even the Redeemer to perform a trick jump, but the results are not very impresive.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
I think some of you are going to have to show me these so called trick jumps in ut2004. Because besides the shield jump, I have never seen anyone do a goo jump, shock jump, flak jump, or AR jump. Unless you are talking about the Excessive mutator.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
BooGiTyBoY said:
yeaaah boy

404 error. the file you are trying to access was not found.

please return to jumpinjuggernuts.com or contact an admin.

Nice example ;) lol

Last edited:

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Neophoenix said:
Nice example ;) lol
I could d/l it. Get a better browser. ;) lolz!

*edit* I was expecting more. :( You should have added a little extra BooGiTy to the video, instead it was just basic jumps. :(

Last edited:

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
briach said:
*edit* I was expecting more. :( You should have added a little extra BooGiTy to the video, instead it was just basic jumps. :(

BooGiTyBoY said:
here's some basic examples of goop/shock/flak :)

:lol:

I don't wanna scare the boy off, I want him to see something he can try right off teh bat :D. ;)

And Trynant... what if it was... Rocket Toast?

Last edited:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
OK, I was finally able to dl the video and try the jumps out. Now my question is, why? The jumps don't make you go as high as a SG, and the flak is WAY too dangerous to even bother practicing with. So what’s the point of sharpening the skills needed to make goo/shock/flak jumps, when the SG is better suited for such tasks?

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Well, most of the jumps you can do with some other weapons do less self damage. The 5 goo to the floor and shield up thing sustains no self-damage, and is equivalent to tap SG jump... you are 20 health better for it.

I'd imagine some of the other reap similar "less self damage" benefits, but mostly a lot of the trickier jumps are for show. You rarely see competive players using but a fraction of those trick jumps (IME).