Speedtree Unreal Engine Demo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
they should include an option to make static trees without animations, animated meshes are too slow
and they should let the trees generate an auto projector shadow map and then attach a projector to the tree actor and having it cast the shadow:)

tho nice stuff anyway :)

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
Hourences said:
anyone who has it, whats the triangle polycount from 1 normal detailed tree if you can see that ?

its exactly hte same as that speedtree demo thing we tried out a few weeks ago, just now its directly put in to ued, wich saves the time of importing exporting and all the nag :p seems like a nice addition to the engine since that speed tree thing does pull off some nice things with low poly stuff, still you avarage lookingtree is about 500/600 polies, but since they say they also put some stuff into therender system i take it it will render a little better then when you build them im the speedtree SDK thing its self...

Blaaguuu

taunt pthrust
May 27, 2002
Earshot of monkeys
Visit site
those look very nice. and i was getting great FPS in al the maps... though it might go a bit lower with players, and other stuff in there...

my main proablems with it are that all trees apear to have cylindrical collision... which is quite nasty, with such complex meshes... hopefulyl there will be a way to give the trees more accurate collision, wihtout too mcuh of a performance hit... and i was botehred by the "wind" effect on some of the trees... liek the big ones with 4 foot thick branches, swaying jsut as much as the 1 inch thick ones...

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
I thoguht the max textures size in UED was 2048x2048 :S
they have 2048x4096 on some of them :eek:

I downloaded this before, it would be ncie if you could low poly ones

acidfury

Apr 10, 2004
It's not a mod, it's an addition to the engine. If you payed $750k for the engine, $6k is nothing.

UnrealProjects

"Your Hired!"
Apr 10, 2004
www.lawdogs-mod.com
Chant Free for Unreal Game Modders!

acidfury said:
It's not a mod, it's an addition to the engine. If you payed $750k for the engine, $6k is nothing.

Don't you understand what I'm saying! ..........Free or least slash the price for game modders!" ........they should only charge $9000. to commercial developers.......!

acidfury

Apr 10, 2004
UnrealProjects said:
Don't you understand what I'm saying! ..........Free or least slash the price for game modders!" ........they should only charge $9000. to commercial developers.......!

So what game are ya going to use it in? It's a source code change, not a mod. Look at their website. Once a game comes out with it, you'll be able to play with it all you want (I would think).