CHANGE THE WEAPON YOU SPAWN WITH

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DC-Scout-67

Mar 30, 2011
Okay, I downloaded the WoRM2k4, but it still is not solving the problem that I am trying to fix. I do like the ability to assign the weapons I want to use tho. To explain the problem that we are having in more detail. I have assigned the Benelli Shotgun to replace the Shield Gun, and the MP5 to replace the Assault rifle, then the rest are normal Army Weapons mutators. All of my players except one spawns with the Benelli Shotgun, the first weapon on the left. The Player that is having the problem always spawns with the Sniper Rifle which is the furthest weapon on the right.

How does he change his settings so that he spawns with the same weapon as the rest of us?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Okay, I downloaded the WoRM2k4, but it still is not solving the problem that I am trying to fix. I do like the ability to assign the weapons I want to use tho. To explain the problem that we are having in more detail. I have assigned the Benelli Shotgun to replace the Shield Gun, and the MP5 to replace the Assault rifle, then the rest are normal Army Weapons mutators. All of my players except one spawns with the Benelli Shotgun, the first weapon on the left. The Player that is having the problem always spawns with the Sniper Rifle which is the furthest weapon on the right.

How does he change his settings so that he spawns with the same weapon as the rest of us?

Do you have any other mutator or gametype active?

DC-Scout-67

Mar 30, 2011
I guess I am not doing a very good job of explaining the problem, sorry. I host private password Mutator CTF games, and I do not have a Dedicated Server, I click on LISTEN to Host. All of my players have installed the exact same Map list and mutator list that I use, so it still WORKS and runs smooth as glass. I like to use the Army Weapons Mutator download "armyweapons3_5" for 2004 from: http://www.gamefront.com/files/3864255/Army-Weapons-3.5/ . It does NOT use the weapons spawn racks, NOR the weapons pickups. It eliminates those weapons racks and pickups from every map entirely. There are NO weapons to pick up or go find. You spawn with all of them every time, with the complete Army Weapons load out. I and all but one of my players spawn with the first weapon on the left replacing the Shield Gun, which is Benelli Shotgun v.2.03, which comes in the "UT2004-ZenCodersWeapons-203NoUmod" mutator download: http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1114_ZenCoder's-Weapons-v.2.02 . Their MP5 v.2.03 that comes with the Benelli Shotgun, I use to replace the Assault Rifle, and the REST are the Army Weapons standard load out, that I mentioned above. Like I said you spawn with ALL those weapons as a complete loadout, like the old NOVALOGIC Deltal Force Land Warrior game; so it is NOT a problem with the weapons racks/pickups.

In fact with the UT2004 Mutators that I am using the game plays like DF Land Warrior on steriods, LOL. I am only asking, "Is there something in the settings that designates which weapon you personally spawn with actually in your hands at every respawn, and can it be changed?"

I have gone thru my settings one by one with my friend who ALWAYS spawns carrying the Army Weapons Sniper Rifle on the far right of the weapons bar on the bottom; while the rest of us spawn with the Benelli Shotgun on the far left of the weapons bar. I had him COPY my settings exactly and he still spawns every time carrying the snipe rifle, which gets you killed in a close quarters battle. Here is the EXACT list of Mutators that I host with, but understand ONLY one of my players is having this problem, therefore we figured that maybe somehow the game changed the primary spawn weapon, and we do not know how to change it back. The Mutators we use.

-= Benelli Shotgun v.2.03 =-
-= MP5 v.2.03 =-
All Weapons InstaGib
ArmyWeapons
Game Speed { Which I left on the default 1.00 }
LowGrav
No Adrenaline
Super Berserk
UT2003 Style
UTV2004S

I am new at hosting this game, but I hosted Delta Force games nearly every night for 9 years. Maybe some of those Mutators are unnecessary, but I experimented with numerous combinations until it ran like a super fast, highly upgraded, Delta Force Land Warrior game; which is why I settled on that particular list of Mutators. My regulars have mostly been playing with me for YEARS, and we like the fact that this set up reminds us of the DFLW CTF games we used to play. Except for one player having the wrong weapon in his hand when he spawns, and player and AI respawns are too soon after getting killed; the game is nearly perfect. :) I have tried everything I know to solve those two problems and NEED suggestions.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Are you a refugee from the Fraggin Roos? That's about the same setup they used in their 2k3 servers.

If you don't get this solved I'll script you a mod for it.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I advise that you take out all the mutators that have been added except the one or ones that will spawn you guys with the weapons and simply start with that. If you're still having problems with even the essential mutators then the problem lies in one of those muts. If you've seen that the main mutators aren't causing the problem, add another one on and so forth until the problem manifests itself in a specific mutator.

DC-Scout-67

Mar 30, 2011
We went back to the basics, where you had to pick up all but the first two weapons at weapon spawn racks or pickups, and then came back to the Army Weapons and then once again, ONLY that one player spawns with the wrong weapon. Somewhere in the the setting configurations, surely there is something that tells the game what weapon to spawn with. If it was a glitch in the mutator, wouldn't it effect ALL of us? He is going to try reinstalling the game to see if that works.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
We went back to the basics, where you had to pick up all but the first two weapons at weapon spawn racks or pickups, and then came back to the Army Weapons and then once again, ONLY that one player spawns with the wrong weapon. Somewhere in the the setting configurations, surely there is something that tells the game what weapon to spawn with. If it was a glitch in the mutator, wouldn't it effect ALL of us? He is going to try reinstalling the game to see if that works.
That will usually fix everything but if not, it's probably a bug in the mutator.