NTFS to FAT32 converter

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
Does one exist ¿

All i need is to get just one file that is trapped in my NTFS partition.

Is there a program that can grab a file on NTFS partition and copy it to the FAT32 partition ¿

im running winME (on drv c:\) and can't access my NT based OS.

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
here's my partition info

HDD 1
active partition = c:\ FAT32 (winME)
partition 2 = d:\ NTFS (winXP)

HDD2
partition 1 = e:\ FAT32 (no OS)
partition 2 = f:\ NTFS (win2K)

(note: the drive letters change when i'm in FAT32

i can only access the FAT32 partitions. the OS's on both NTFS drives are already installed. Someone at work told me i have to install ata66 drivers on those partitions. Except i can't access those partitions, so he said i have to reinstall the OS's because during the installation it will ask me to install 3rd party drivers (the ata66 drivers).

If I reinstall them, will I loose everything on those partitions? I just want to save one file.

S

SpiritWalker

just out of curiosty... why don't you just save that file to a cd..
unless I misread the problem.. you should be able to do that
but no, Fat 16/32 cannot read an NTFS partition.. (Linux can though :))
try the microsoft.com/knowledgebase maybe you can get some help there..

HDD 1
active partition = c:\ FAT32 (winME) on which part. is this file?
partition 2 = d:\ NTFS (winXP)

HDD2
partition 1 = e:\ FAT32 (no OS)
partition 2 = f:\ NTFS (win2K)

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
yeah, i tried the ms kb already and found nothing. oh, well, i did write down all the things i fixed in the map to make it better. so i can just checkmark the things i will have to redo.

Ill just have to wait 'til christmas when my bro gets his new HDD as he will install winXP on NTFS. He will be able to retrieve my file across the network to my PC (if only i can remember the share name of that partition...)

thanks for all the info though.