Pupae=Baby Skaarj ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I said: Ask Epic about it, they can explain it properly so one side of us can shut up (but still can call them what they want).
I was just trying to be neutral and see what happens.
And I said: The chances that they'll actually take the time out of their very busy schedules to answer a question about an 11-year old product is slim to none.

Why are you comparing a game to the real world, anyway? It was probably an oversight, but it stuck, and I don't exactly think they're going to implement "Corrected Pupae to Larva" for Patch 228.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
No, I never said I want to correct things, I was just curious about their true intentions, we can only speculate that as it was said already...

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
BC i have an idea.
the unreal engine1 has some other games like klingonhonorguard.
would it be possible for you to import and script some of the monsters to unreal?
i think a demo of the game can be found on filefront.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
BC i have an idea.
the unreal engine1 has some other games like klingonhonorguard.
would it be possible for you to import and script some of the monsters to unreal?
i think a demo of the game can be found on filefront.

Does it have tools that I can use to get the meshes?

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
has someone a link to the "ut package tool" ?
i tried to attache but was to big.

Edit: BC pm me your e-mail so i can send it to you if you want.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
KHG is, pretty much, one of the worst games I ever played.

There will be a few new monsters in the upcoming, big SP mods/mappacks.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Wheel of Time has some cool stuff by the way, the engine is modified a lot and that was before UT. It included advanced decals and particle effects and more btw.
But I think the pawn code use some native stuff actually, at least the parent classes, so not all of things can be ported over. Also the engine can play mp3 music(the mp3 filename field was left even in Unreal2) and also what surpirsed me that WOT had already mapvote for multiplayer back then, inbuilt mapvote, not GUI mapvote but command one...

War_Master

May 27, 2005
The Legacy mappack has some nice monsters that come in separate package for each character. all of them can be used in this including MH. The one I liked the most was Cyberus because of that shield that you have to break before inflicting damage to the pawn's health. It also had some nice projectiles that he shoots up and then fall on top of you. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think he regenerated his health when he was about to die.

These are the ones I can remember their names which I have installed:
--Ant.u
--Cyberus.u
--Cyborg.u
--Dino.u

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Cyberus was a very good, scripted pawn. He puts up the most unique fight in Unreal SP in my opinion.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
If you're still curious about why Skaarj attack custom Pupae, well, that's because in the code, they are told to be friendly to all classes that extend Pupae, and the custom Pupae were probably a copy-paste instead of an extension.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
another question for me is why unreal mantas are not living in water.
and are biter fishes piranhas ?

Edit:dont laugh, this is serious business :p

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Tentacles are suppose to be water creatures and they have a variable that allows them to walk around the ceiling. The Tentacles go well in underwater caves mostly which is something I haven't seen on any custom map yet.