How about some invasion?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
I love MODS and mutators. Invasion is a fun gametype. Let the community make mutators or mods. No need using resources on Invasion, especially if the community is just going to make their own version of it anyways.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
NeoNite said:
?
Only titan related ctf I remember are those maps...

Ctf-titania in particular. Each base has a stonetitan (drawscale 1.5 I think)
Daedalus and... can't remember the other one's name right now >_<

Fun, but the translocator kind off spoils it (I didnt' use it, would make it too easy and lame..).

LOl I remember that one... It was kinda gay that you could just run in and telefrag the beastly thing. :)

ANyways I'm at a loss for that mod even though it was quite popular at the time. It had a different scoring system for ctf, and you could set a handicap score. If it was like a 5 cap game, you could set the score difference to like 3 or 4. ONce the gap was reached it would spawn the losing team a titan to guard their base...
I think it was called CTFe or something like that.

T

Tournament0

Dark Pulse said:
Please no, no invasion. It should be a addon gametype or a mutator, but it shouldn't be in as stock.

I agree.
Many people didn't play Invasion anyway.
There was no point to it, in my opinion.
It doesn't help skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
BooGiTyBoY said:
LOl I remember that one... It was kinda gay that you could just run in and telefrag the beastly thing. :)

ANyways I'm at a loss for that mod even though it was quite popular at the time. It had a different scoring system for ctf, and you could set a handicap score. If it was like a 5 cap game, you could set the score difference to like 3 or 4. ONce the gap was reached it would spawn the losing team a titan to guard their base...
I think it was called CTFe or something like that.

Yeah, well Translocator is part of Ctf eh...
It should've been like this: Whenever you tried telefragging both titans, you'd gib.
But of course, some would think this is ghey ;O) eh...

There's always Dm-titania][ ! (Original map is for unreal)
Remember that map?

Normally, there's no translocator enabled in deathmatch. So, if you fall down you're in for a nice 1v1 with mr. T ;O)

Well, I think I've found that Ctf-titan mod/mutator...

Try this one: (right-click and save)

http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/raven667/dane/pliki/mutatory/ctfe.zip

Salvatore

TLSC guy - DarkMessenger-TLSC
Aug 25, 2004
Not quite London
www.tlsconline.com
Tournament0 said:
...It didn't help skill.

So? It's fun :p

I love Invasion, I hope it is included in Envy... As people have said, in it's own mapset too :)

Perhaps making monstersets specific to the mapset too? For instance, you could have one where you start on a small floating island and are besieged with flying monsters, or one where you're in a hedgemaze filled with Brutes...

Hey, you could make it like AS :p

Death Cube K

You'll be seeing him alot.
Mar 1, 2005
Big Apple, 3:00 AM
Tournament0 said:
I agree.
It doesn't help skill.

I thought that it
was a lot of fun.

Isn't that the
point of any game?

Salvatore said:
Hey, you could make it like AS :p

Well there's always Monster Assault. That would have been a lot of fun if the server I played on didn't have retarded monsters and a 5 life limit.

Last edited:

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
NeoNite said:

THATS THE ONE! :D

ANd yeah what Deathcube said... the point of Invasion is that it's fun. Saying it "doesn't help with skill" is kinda like saying "it's not a competitive gametype therefore it should't be here."
It's about having fun with your friends and using teamwork. It also DOES help with certain aspects of the game.. like not hogging up ammo in TDM and has helped me deal with multiple enemy situations a lot more than playing FFA or TDM has...

And Magnet, if you do that sign me up as a tester!!!

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
Olga said:
They should make invasion a gametype with it's own maps, and allow vehicles. Maybe one map could be a fortress where you have to survive waves coming from the outside.

they actually do allow vehicles, you know ;) - just not ECE ones :(

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Tournament0 said:
I agree.
It doesn't help skill.

Really?

Eh, it's most likely the same when you start playing Co-op (in Ut, unreal whatever). It's not about skill really (unless it's akcoop), you learn nothing much...
Heck, when you play this regularily you'll notice your skill level will have dropped next time you play dm/team dm whatnot...

Or maybe you're like me, and you've commited yourself to figthing monsters only, because..............

Man, there's so much more that you can do :B It makes Dm etc feel so boring...

(But that's just UT I'm talking about)

Fighting monsters: Like the others have stated already, for teh fun.

I've got an arcade mod for UT Co-op.
Difference with invasion is that the waves never end. The monsters keep coming, and coming and coming.
So you have to make your way to the end of the level and not linger around.
If you do so, you can be stuck on a level for over an hour or more...

Especially on Bluff eversmoking.. being attacked by 12 mantas when you're on that lift 0_° ...

But it's fun.