What's your poison?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
What's your guys favorite hot drink? We moved to Oregon and learned what 'Dutch Bros' was pretty quick. Their coffee is actually a watered espresso shot and it's just much better than any drip I've had. There are a couple of places that carry exotic teas but I just never liked them as much as good old lipton sun tea made in the backyard.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
when it comes to hot drinks, nothing beats turkish tea or turkish coffee.

also when it comes to the health benefits of wine etc, you are better off drinking real grape juice. it tastes way better too!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
[GU]elmur_fud;2610321 said:
As a connoisseur of root beers, and a quick google search to order it online indicates I cannot. :/

That aside if you have never tried birch beer (root beers cousin) you should give it a go.
Birch beer is delicious. They serve it at a Cheesesteak place around here and I get it all the time :D

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I have decided I'm going to start trying some other beers. I'd like to get into some wines too. My wife is not big on beer or drinking any alcohol for that matter but she'll drink some wine with me I'm pretty sure. I'm getting older so it may be time to start looking at healthy features of a glass or two of a good red wine each night.

Im not sure about other areas of the States, but here in New York there are a ton of restaurants that offer their own brews, or from local breweries and/or wineries. I'd recommend looking around your area for stuff like this, as it makes for a great night out without drinking to excess.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I thought Mormons couldn't drink alcohol... among other things.

Specifically speaking root beer and birch beer are generally sodas.

It is frowned upon by my religion as well... but I never liked actual beer anyway, as I have a genetic intolerance to anything with rye in it. Rye, for me, is super bitter. Normally I just call it an allergy but I figure this crowd is smart enough that most of you at least are aware that genetics can cause people to perceive flavors differently. Somewhat ironic considering my German heritage. Even more ironic considering on my fathers side they were beer brewers in Germany for hundreds of years.

In high-school I drank quite liberally and preferred things like schnapps and hard liqueurs.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Killian's Irish Red is my top choice. Although I've been known to drink Amber Bock, Boddingtons Pub Ale, and/or Newcastle Brown Ale on occasion.

Going to sample some more in a week or so.