UMODS & Other Stuff : )

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadow Prophet

Dec 7, 2001
Visit site
Hi Rukee, I'm "fresh out of the box" rookie here, so please bare with me:

1. What are UMODS, and how do I install/use them. I read somewhere that they were self-extracting. Doesn't seem to be the case.

2. Is there a program that will automatically install .unr files, .utx files, .umx files, etc. to their proper folders?

Any assistance/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
What are you asking Rukee anything for? While he types all those responses while he's sitting at an iMac competely naked while his children touch his genitals.

UMOD are Unreal's version of zip files but occassionally their file associations get fu><ored.

http://services.unreal.ru/cgi-bin/dl/dl.cgi?umodt_setup.exe - Lets you unzip, zip, and fix UMOD file associations.

Other utilities including a map file manager are here: http://planetunreal.com/modsquad/

Shadow Prophet

Dec 7, 2001
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I noticed you posted a link for Nali City. Am I to take it that there's a map installer there? Appreciate the other link, but in my opinion File Planet sucks ass. Anytime you have to give your life's history to d/l a simple program...nuff said

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
The two links below the line are irrelevant... it's the modsquad and U. Services that you want for the mapp installer and UMOD tool.

On the other hand, considering that FilePlanet hosts more free gaming files than anyone else, there is really no reason not to sign up for them. You don't get spam e-mails from them, if you get on during the right time of the day there is never a wait for the files you want, and registering the information is a one-time thing, but if you can't be bothered to do that then sure you can pull your hair out looking other places.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
If everyone was as mature and sensible as me then the world would be a better pla........hang on...........I've just spilt a can of lager on the hampster's cage.............****...