Holy Download speed batman!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
You can tell that I'm Very Cool (tm) because I called you out on a minuscule techie error, when instead I could've just silently deduced what you obviously meant.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
MmmmMmmmm max outgoing :)

fast.jpg

speed.jpg

supafast.jpg

yummmmy

TheWhaleShark

This world is spinning around me
Dec 14, 2001
A little to the left.
www.rit.edu
I typically transfer somewhere around 500kB/sec, and have gone as high as 1 MB/sec for internet downloads.

If I hop on Direct Connect, I have, on occasion, maxed out the transfer capacity of my NIC (12 MB/sec). It wasn't for very long, mind you, but I did it. So :p to you, miss dual OC-48. My dual OC-3 and standard 100 Mbit ethernet works fine for me.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
TheWhaleShark said:
I typically transfer somewhere around 500kB/sec, and have gone as high as 1 MB/sec for internet downloads.

If I hop on Direct Connect, I have, on occasion, maxed out the transfer capacity of my NIC (12 MB/sec). It wasn't for very long, mind you, but I did it. So :p to you, miss dual OC-48. My dual OC-3 and standard 100 Mbit ethernet works fine for me.

Hmmm...running a speed test using one of the 'puters at the Caltech computer store (regular Fast Ethernet, not Gigabit, and IIRC they're bandwidth-limited), I got 1.9 megabits, 227.3 kilobytes per second (4.5 seconds per megabyte) from a random site.

Downloading the Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET Help Integration Kit two seconds ago, I got 1.1 MB/sec maximum surge speed, 700 Kb/sec sustained, 620 Kb/sec minimum.