Picture of you thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SinShiva

Adrian
Apr 1, 2002
FS, that's very cool. i've got a site put together that's really a CSS hack up, but it came out pretty decent. link below. and i know what you mean, i started learning cpp, but then found php. now i am juggling php, cpp, and trying to figure out what the **** is going on in ASM, lol. html/css should never be in the same sentence as 'coding', though. right now i am actually hit for a computer. as soon as i get money/stable job, i'll probably pick up a laptop to wipe and install DSL. having used a mac for a few months now, i've gotten used to having to compile/install required libraries, etc. Never really thought i'd become so familiar with lunix, but it was required to get more functionality out of this old PowerBook G4 (Running Panther 10.3.9.) I must say, though. It's really made a convert out of me. Linux just IS easier, but in the long-run, rather than the short-term, instant gratification Windows provides. (Of course, i will have to get a windows machine for gaming eventually, but for all intents and purposes, i'd rather run a distro with flux and keep the OS weight as low as possible.)

Last edited:

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Erm, I don't want to sound rude but surely there is a better way for you to reunite, like not in a thread dedicated to pictures of Ig- members.

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
now i am juggling php, cpp, and trying to figure out what the **** is going on in ASM
Do just enough asm to understand how it works, then walk away.
C++ will take time. Focus right now on the PHP, or try java/python... use a language that will just get out of you way and let you code, so you can get more experience in the structure and feel of things before you start dicking around in C++.

having used a mac for a few months now, i've gotten used to having to compile/install required libraries, etc. Never really thought i'd become so familiar with lunix, but it was required to get more functionality out of this old PowerBook G4 (Running Panther 10.3.9.)
Personally, I'm using a mac pro dual quad; I love it. I realize Panther is a bit behind leo, but you should be able to get the important bits rolling. You might just upgrade it to leo. Most linux apps will run under X11 on OS X, and you still keep the linux backend while losing the whole recompile rigmarole.

I must say, though. It's really made a convert out of me. Linux just IS easier, but in the long-run, rather than the short-term, instant gratification Windows provides. (Of course, i will have to get a windows machine for gaming eventually, but for all intents and purposes, i'd rather run a distro with flux and keep the OS weight as low as possible.)
It's fun at first, but sooner or later you just want the damn thing to work right out of the box. Ubuntu is close to this (Which is why I run it on my PC laptop) but I'd much sooner run OS X on it if I could (OSX86 does not work acceptable well on x200m based AMD laptops)

I guess it's a lot of preference though. I'm more at home with OS X because I can sit back and let the OS do it's thing with little/no effort, but still stay in touch with linux/BSD.

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Josh Hartnett?

MV5BMTg4MjU1MDI0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE1OTc1MQ@@._V1._SX284_SY400_.jpg

Lolwut?

:lol:

SinShiva

Adrian
Apr 1, 2002
It's fun at first, but sooner or later you just want the damn thing to work right out of the box. Ubuntu is close to this (Which is why I run it on my PC laptop) but I'd much sooner run OS X on it if I could (OSX86 does not work acceptable well on x200m based AMD laptops)

I guess it's a lot of preference though. I'm more at home with OS X because I can sit back and let the OS do it's thing with little/no effort, but still stay in touch with linux/BSD.

I completely agree with you in regards to OSX, it's kind of like a nice fusion of idiot-proofing without completely hindering the OS. The only reason i wouldn't purchase a Mac myself is the price tag. Both of the laptops i'm using are on loan from my friend's mother. One of them i was able to guess the password on thus enabling me to download and compile all the dev tools, etc. XCode is very easy to work with. I find it amusing that it was much easier for me to dive into programming, etc. on the Mac versus the Windows machine. It's just friendlier towards users and developers alike. I guess it's not linux i like so much as the Unix foundation. There are so many concepts that just don't exist on a windows machine that i find absolutely amazing, /dev/tcp for example.

Anyway, just to be reasonably on topic;

Image42.jpg

fear teh eyeball.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Its hard to see it that way when youre a regular with English movies.