The dinosaur Ut2004 skin

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shaggy_0707

Apr 19, 2004
I just downloaded that dinosaur ut2004 skin from Skincity and i put the correct file parts in the correct files and it doesnt work. Then i noticed that in the readme file it says u shud put the RaptorSpecies.u in the system folder, however in the zip file there inst this folder! Any help?

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
put
raptor.ka in ut2004/karmadata
raptorvoice.u in ut2004/system
raptor.upl in ut2004\system
raptor.ukx in ut2004\animations
and
raptorskins.utx in ut2004\textures

:)

Slyrr77

Apr 25, 2004
Slyrr here - sorry I haven't been on this forum for a while.

The problem you're having is that I removed the raptorspecies file. For some reason, when you have a custom speices, it WON'T let you join on line games. There are lots of reasons for it, but the bottom line is I had to ditch it. Don't worry that it's not there. The only thing you'll lose is there won't be any 'gibs'.

If you mean the model isn't working at all, there is no reason why that should be. If you put the files into their proper directories, you should be fine - triple check it. I can't count the number of times I swore that I'd put the files in properly only to discover I hadn't. Also check you UT2004 LOG file - if there are any critical errors (like 'couldn't find raptorskins.utx' or something, it'll tell you there.

to download the lastest release, visit:
http://home.comcast.net/~gregfisk/ut2004.htm

Last edited:

TE evil mutt

May 11, 2004
Yea i had the same prob but when i thought of reinstalling it (put files in again) i found out that i didnt put in my pic (player selecter) , and slyrr u did a great!!!!!!!!!!!!! job

»SZO«Moo

Jun 26, 2010
Old post, but i have your solution. That model was recoded by SZO and now works server side also. You can download it from www.szoclan.com. Any question about how to push it server said feel free to leave a post at the SZO forums.