Teaser Video (Beta 2)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
Raptor says there is an Easter egg in that vid as well. Only thing I can see is that at the end there seems to be some coded text.

Mar 6, 2004
Was that guy playing bots or something? they just kept running away :/ bots that revive ;)

ps- check your pm box aeqos38/5.

Last edited:

aeqos38/5

The unusual immortal
Apr 21, 2005
Victoria, BC
iz.fragism.com
yeah... those were bots. And that wasn't a problem with xmp botcode - that's the way ut bots respond to flag carriers - they ignore everyone else and chase 'im down.

My guess is that they wanted some scenes of 0wnage, and since they've been spending all their time coding, they actually suck at the game now, and their 1337 bots can normally kick their asses. So they have to use exploits such as the one previously mentioned. :lol:

It's happened to me before when I've spent too much time designing a level - the bots then promptly own me on it.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Alot better than expected, great job. One thing that made me ticking though was that the harbinger blew into nothiness just because of some schock lance primary ****...

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
I'll ask him when he wakes up (... at like 5 EST), he did it while I was sleeping
[edit] aha!

[15:33:12] <Gnome> heh, it wasn't that hard of a code to crack
[15:33:16] <everyone> what was it?
[15:33:27] <Gnome> just random ****, though letters stayed the same throughout it
[15:33:36] <everyone> ah
[15:33:43] <Gnome> i noticed two occurances of a letter being used alone
[15:33:51] <Gnome> which could obviously only be "A" or "I"
[15:33:58] <Gnome> so i plugged in "A" where applicable
[15:34:13] <Gnome> then noticed two three letter words exactly the same, both starting with "A"
[15:34:23] <Gnome> so i substituted the letters for "AND" in
[15:34:37] <Gnome> then falcon noticed the "X" in "UTXMP", so on a whim i plugged those in too
[15:34:42] <Gnome> and after that it was a cakewalk

Last edited:

Gnome

The Gnome that knows
Feb 23, 2003
Indianapolis
wormhole.tauniverse.com
Jesus you're fast, fireball :p

Yeah, between ArcaneFalcon (I think he goes by "AF333" in UT2004) and I we solved it fairly quickly. I would have posted the answer sooner, but fireball there got the link early on the IRC channel so there was nowhere to post the answer then.

Yayz brainz!

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
I'm still surprised how many clans i talk to that never even tried/heard of xmp the first time around, mebbe this is the public release the game originally needed?

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
it's a great vid; still looking forward to the release.
i still think it's a good idea to hold all the public announcements off till they're happy with it - there are so many game choices people will only look once at xmp and if it's buggy or the servers are empty that's all they'll remember imho.
it looks like this patch will make all that happen but let's try it first eh? this and the german community will flood the servers if it's as good as the changelog promises :)