Computer restarts after quitting UT2k4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CK-Atlantic

Mar 15, 2005
Stuttgart, Germany
Hi guys!

I've got a very unusual problem!
I wrote this little nice script for UT2k4:

http://home.arcor.de/ck-atlantic/NAnimMesh.txt

It works fine, the animation is played, i can hear a sound, the random break and triggering also works. The problem comes when I quit the game. I can see the windows desktop for about half a second, then the screen turns black and the computer restarts.

The Problem is only with maps using that script. I use WOTGreal for compiling. The Compiler doesn't show any errors except the following warning:

ExecWarning: E:\UT2004\nemesis\Classes\NAnimMesh.uc(19) : ExecWarning, Missing meshmap, texture, or num (MESHMAP=Schlauch01 NUM=1 TEXTURE=Texture'Engine.DefaultTexture')

It would be nice if anyone can help me, I really go crazy with this.

Last edited:

CK-Atlantic

Mar 15, 2005
Stuttgart, Germany
This doesn't help me anything because there are only the following lines in it after the PC restarts:

Log: Log file open, 03/15/05 21:36:06
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 3323 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: Sep 7 2004 17:18:28
Init: Command line: Autoplay.ut2?NumBots=0 HWND=327948 -log
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: E:\UT2004\System\
Init: Ini:UT2004.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-09-07_17.17]
Init: Object subsystem initialized

Bob242

Aug 27, 2004
You could have a batch file run the program, and backup the log file upon it quitting. Assuming the batch file has a chance to backup the log before the computer restarting you should be fine.