UT3 Patch 1.3 Is Out!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
If you are 100% sure that it's not due to faulty hardware or adware/viruses then it might have something to do with Fraps and RivaTuner!
I know the guy who made RivaTuner rejects any possibility that RivaTuner could lead to crashes just by being there, but fact is, that my crashes stopped
when I uninstalled RivaTuner. I didn't even revert the changes I made with it. I just got rid of it. If you have RivaTuner installed and you don't need (e.g. for fan-control) then try uninstalling it, just to see if it helps.
I also got crashes when I had Fraps running. Simply disabling it solved the problems, but what good is it if I can't run it? So I got rid of that too. Try deactivating it first to see if it helps.

In no way am I blaming RivaTuner or Fraps. I am just reporting my experiences and whether this is due to other problems on my machine, software conflicts no one can be blamed for or shoddy programming is up to the developers of those programs to find out. Try it and see if it helps.

Good ideas there, but I haven't used RivaTuner with this GPU. I've been using CCC. I haven't had Riva on a PC since my 9500/9800 days.

I've not used FRAPS on this GPU. It isn't one of the other usual culprits like say Norton AV, since I don't use that either.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
ok so I admit i did not test it by gettinga spree, ill try that.. I assumed it would be like it was in previous UTs i guess they didnt want the player taunting all the time when the bots do it enough.
as for mutators.. re starting UT3 will clear the settings and mutators need to be re selected again. :(

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
ok so I admit i did not test it by gettinga spree, ill try that.. I assumed it would be like it was in previous UTs i guess they didnt want the player taunting all the time when the bots do it enough.
as for mutators.. re starting UT3 will clear the settings and mutators need to be re selected again. :(

I haven't seen it yet by getting a spree -- neither in IA or Multiplayer. Why do they insist on telling us one thing and then delivering the exact opposite ?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Both the server and the player has to be patched to 1.3 for that to work, afaik.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I haven't seen it yet by getting a spree -- neither in IA or Multiplayer. Why do they insist on telling us one thing and then delivering the exact opposite ?

You hear only the voice, the character portrait doesn't appear. Check better.